MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Dexter
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:22 am

Re: MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCore

Post by Dexter » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:49 pm

Bonjour
installé sur 2019 et 2020 crash du logiciel au lancement pour 2020 (Error Laoding Plug in Dll) et crash quand je fais setting dans 2019

Dexter
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:22 am

Re: MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCore

Post by Dexter » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:17 am

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
patro
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:09 pm
Location: mount Etna

Re: MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCore

Post by patro » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:30 pm

Hi Tao,
recently I had to migrate to max 2021.
I tried to install your latest build, but it failed, I wanted to install the files manually, but the exctracted files through 7zip can't be installed manually.
May you ad a link to a zipped plugin for manual installation? maybe it works on 2021

User avatar
TAO
Developer
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCore

Post by TAO » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Dexter wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:49 pm
Bonjour
installé sur 2019 et 2020 crash du logiciel au lancement pour 2020 (Error Laoding Plug in Dll) et crash quand je fais setting dans 2019
Bonjour.
Désolé, je n'ai pas encore téléchargé de nouvelle version pour 3dsmax 2019 et 2020, j'ai besoin d'au moins 2 jours pour tester avant de télécharger.
La version actuelle est pour 3dsmax 2018.
Donnez-moi juste deux jours et ce sera prêt.
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)
Latest build Download link👇👇
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/MaxToLux/releases
Last update information
https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewto ... 290#p27574

User avatar
TAO
Developer
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCore

Post by TAO » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:53 pm

Dexter wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:17 am
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
I can't see any images !!!!
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)
Latest build Download link👇👇
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/MaxToLux/releases
Last update information
https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewto ... 290#p27574

User avatar
TAO
Developer
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCore

Post by TAO » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:55 pm

patro wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:30 pm
Hi Tao,
recently I had to migrate to max 2021.
I tried to install your latest build, but it failed, I wanted to install the files manually, but the exctracted files through 7zip can't be installed manually.
May you ad a link to a zipped plugin for manual installation? maybe it works on 2021
I just finishing migration for 3dsmax 2019 and 2020 but I will work on 2021 version as soon as I can download 3dsmax 2021 and see what's change in SDK.
Please add your request in GitHub too, so I can track issues and features.
Thank you.
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)
Latest build Download link👇👇
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/MaxToLux/releases
Last update information
https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewto ... 290#p27574

User avatar
TAO
Developer
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCore

Post by TAO » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:31 pm

TAO wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:53 pm
Dexter wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:17 am
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
I can't see any images !!!!
No problem i manage to see images.
https://ibb.co/tJ0d6Q8
https://ibb.co/nfBw1t0
https://ibb.co/0BQsq1V
https://ibb.co/wrtxGW3
https://ibb.co/gyk0dHB
The problem is about SDK changes that should be address in new build.
I'm going to fix it soon.
Do not forget to submit your request and also feature on Guithub.
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)
Latest build Download link👇👇
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/MaxToLux/releases
Last update information
https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewto ... 290#p27574

Ericka
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Re: MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCore

Post by Ericka » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:03 pm

It's nice to see MaxToLux plugin getting shape, It will be great to upload new builds on GitHub too.
Thank you for your effort.

User avatar
TAO
Developer
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCore

Post by TAO » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:29 am

I have been trying to build a compatible version for 3dsmax 2021 and there is a conflict between different versions of openimageIO and tbb.dll that already exist in 3dsmax 2021 and the one Luxcorerender need.
Until 3dsmax 2020 I manage to solve compatibility between openimageIO.dll and tbb.dll that works out for the best but in 3dsmax 2021 Arnold renderer needs a different version and the Luxcore always try to use Dll in the 3dsmax root directory.
How can I solve this without modifying the Luxcorerender code, because I don't want to modify the Luxcore source code every time that I need to update and build the Luxcorerender code?
Any suggestions here?

Should I ask this in another thread?
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)
Latest build Download link👇👇
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/MaxToLux/releases
Last update information
https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewto ... 290#p27574

User avatar
patro
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:09 pm
Location: mount Etna

Re: MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCore

Post by patro » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:04 am

TAO wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:29 am
I have been trying to build a compatible version for 3dsmax 2021 and there is a conflict between different versions of openimageIO and tbb.dll that already exist in 3dsmax 2021 and the one Luxcorerender need.
Until 3dsmax 2020 I manage to solve compatibility between openimageIO.dll and tbb.dll that works out for the best but in 3dsmax 2021 Arnold renderer needs a different version and the Luxcore always try to use Dll in the 3dsmax root directory.
How can I solve this without modifying the Luxcorerender code, because I don't want to modify the Luxcore source code every time that I need to update and build the Luxcorerender code?
Any suggestions here?

Should I ask this in another thread?
Hi, maybe Dade can tell you something about, or you can try to ask on https://forums.cgsociety.org/, there are lots of coders out there which handle with 3ds max and they really try to help.

Edited:
Did you check, if your problem is caused just by a change of the folder structure in 3ds max 2021. I needed to install a plugin, which is not updated anymore and i had to recreate the structure folder of the plugin inside 3ds max 2021 roots, to make it work.

Post Reply