Page 7 of 11

Re: Windows Build FAILED

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:44 pm
by acasta69
Dade wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:54 pm
This is probably because we are the one to load the main nvrtc64_101_0.dll while it is the nvrtc64_101_0.dll to load nvrtc-builtins64_101.dll. Different settings may apply to the two different DLL loads. The first load probably uses the Python settings while the second may only use the System one :?:
B.Y.O.B. wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:57 pm
I have pushed a fix: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... edae1a088f
Does it work on your end?
So, after removing DLL location from system PATH, I had the same problem on the laptop, while everything was ok on the desktop.
With B.Y.O.B.'s fix, it's working on both.
I am also wondering why there is no problem with LuxcoreUI. Maybe some difference because of the Python environment :?:

Re: Windows Build FAILED

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:32 pm
by B.Y.O.B.
B.Y.O.B. wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:38 pm
I'm also getting crashes with regular OpenCL with the latest builds, for example in the danish mood scene. In simple cube-type scenes it works.
To be more precise, here is a log:

Code: Select all

[LuxCore][14.922] [PathOCLBaseRenderThread::0] Compiling AdvancePaths_MK_GENERATE_CAMERA_RAY Kernel
[LuxCore][14.922] [PathOCLBaseRenderThread::0] AdvancePaths_MK_* workgroup size: 32
[LuxCore][14.922] [PathOCLBaseRenderThread::0] Kernels compilation time: 62ms
[LuxCore][14.938] Starting 0 native render threads
Session started in 1.2 s
[LuxCore][14.953] Film hardware image pipeline
[LuxCore][14.953] Film hardware device used: GeForce RTX 2080 OpenCLIntersect (Type: OPENCL_GPU)
[LuxCore][14.953]   Device OpenCL version: OpenCL 1.2 CUDA
Error   : Unrecognized Exception
Address : 0x00007FFDE740A799
Module  : C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Re: Windows Build FAILED

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:24 am
by Dade
The OpenCL devices are working fine here with all test scenes, in or outside Blender :?:

Are you using the OpenCL or the CUDA binaries ? Just load DanishMood scene, press F12 and get a crash ?

Re: Windows Build FAILED

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:46 am
by Dade
Dade wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:24 am
The OpenCL devices are working fine here with all test scenes, in or outside Blender :?:

Are you using the OpenCL or the CUDA binaries ? Just load DanishMood scene, press F12 and get a crash ?
It happens only on Windows...

Re: Windows Build FAILED

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:53 am
by Dade
Dade wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:46 am
Dade wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:24 am
The OpenCL devices are working fine here with all test scenes, in or outside Blender :?:

Are you using the OpenCL or the CUDA binaries ? Just load DanishMood scene, press F12 and get a crash ?
It happens only on Windows...
However, only Blender crashes, LuxCoreUI is working fine :?:

B.Y.O.B., can you check if the BlendLuxCore DLL fix hasn't, for some strange reason, broken OpenCL driver ?

Re: Windows Build FAILED

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:59 am
by johannes.wilde
For me the BlendLuxCore Build from yesterday evening works.
But every time i hit render, it compiles the kernels again, so it's quite a time to wait.

Re: Windows Build FAILED

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:04 am
by B.Y.O.B.
Dade wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:53 am
B.Y.O.B., can you check if the BlendLuxCore DLL fix hasn't, for some strange reason, broken OpenCL driver ?
It was crashing even before I applied the DLL fix.

Re: Windows Build FAILED

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:26 pm
by Dade
B.Y.O.B. wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:04 am
Dade wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:53 am
B.Y.O.B., can you check if the BlendLuxCore DLL fix hasn't, for some strange reason, broken OpenCL driver ?
It was crashing even before I applied the DLL fix.
I should (may ?) have fixed the problem.

Re: Windows Build FAILED

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:21 pm
by neo2068
neo2068 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:21 pm
I get errors with latest build and OpenCL and the food demo scene, too, e.g. PATHOCL:clFinish(CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE) or TILEPATHOCL: clEnqueueReadBuffer(CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES). With cuda my GTX 780 is 1.5 times faster than the GTX 1080. Is it normal behaviour?
Dade wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:53 am
However, only Blender crashes, LuxCoreUI is working fine :?:
For me, the error messages happen with LuxCoreUI under windows with opencl devices and the cuda build.

Re: Windows Build FAILED

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:28 pm
by Dade
neo2068 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:21 pm
neo2068 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:21 pm
I get errors with latest build and OpenCL and the food demo scene, too, e.g. PATHOCL:clFinish(CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE) or TILEPATHOCL: clEnqueueReadBuffer(CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES). With cuda my GTX 780 is 1.5 times faster than the GTX 1080. Is it normal behaviour?
Dade wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:53 am
However, only Blender crashes, LuxCoreUI is working fine :?:
For me, the error messages happen with LuxCoreUI under windows with opencl devices and the cuda build.
Have you tried the latest sources ?