Problems for getting the caustics in a pool

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Re: Problems for getting the caustics in a pool

Post by TAO »

I think that's what you need right? if it is let me know so I can send it to you.
Screenshot 2021-05-14 000107.jpeg
Of course, you will need to add your own light and other stuff, the most problem caused by the ground modeling problem with a few hide segments and also a problem with many undefined light sources. if you need more information let me know so I send you a few tips along with screenshots.
jorari71

Post by jorari71 »

YES!
Although in the zone of the long chairs it's a bit burnt...I would accept this OF COURSE.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

This part needs a little bit more depth or darker color, it's pure white and also too close to the surface.
Also, you need to replace the sky if you want to use Hdri, and you are good to go. I mostly fix the issue with modeling, materials, light sources, etc, the artistic part is all yours. :)
Now the scene is working and of course, you can do whatever you want to it.
Screenshot 2021-05-14 004915.jpeg
To remind you I detached all the emission nodes for daylight, remember to attach them for nighttime.
give it a little bit of time and it will render perfectly.
Screenshot 2021-05-14 011336.jpeg
If you want to fix it yourself the most problem was about these two groups and shaders. just delete them you already have water on top of it.
Screenshot 2021-05-14 101814.jpeg
the other part I fixed was for the performance and as you can see the scene that I send to you render much faster. you can compare the scene and fix other issues too.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

TAO wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:52 pm This part needs a little bit more depth or darker color, it's pure white and also too close to the surface.
That's a correct behaviour. Exactly how it would look in real life: shallow water clear/deep shows absorption... Same for caustics, shallow water sharp and deeper water blurry.

Trying to make shallow water look as coloured as deep is just plain wrong.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

lacilaci wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:55 pm
TAO wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:52 pm This part needs a little bit more depth or darker color, it's pure white and also too close to the surface.
That's a correct behaviour. Exactly how it would look in real life: shallow water clear/deep shows absorption... Same for caustics, shallow water sharp and deeper water blurry.

Trying to make shallow water look as coloured as deep is just plain wrong.
he can make the pool ground color below the water a little bit darker to cache the result he wants.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

this is another optimization to make rendering faster and with better caustic results.
if you want to render in daylight with bright sun you need to turn off the other small lights as in real life they are not effective and nor visible anyway. (I know you can do that with the light group but as I do not know how I just turn them off directly)
And that's the result for daylight. in just 1 min and 30 sec with a little bit more time, you will get much better results.
Screenshot 2021-05-16 000539.jpeg
jorari71

Post by jorari71 »

Hi!.
After the great help TAO provided I'm happy to show the final renders.
The walls of the pool must be blue and every emitter or lightsource in the scene caused influence which could distort the final result.
After turning all them off I got these results.
Thank you TAO!
Attachments
0001.jpg
0002.jpg
0003.jpg
0004.jpg
0005.jpg
0006.jpg
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Happy to help. I'll take a look at the nighttime render too.
Last edited by TAO on Mon May 17, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorari71

Post by jorari71 »

Really TAO?
I must say that TAO has helped me a lot and has been very involved in this project...Without his help and Dravia's team I couldn't reach these results.
Thank you very much.
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

Beautifully happened!
good community
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
http://dezigner.tilda.ws/