Luxcore 2.1 Benchmark

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: Luxcore 2.1 Benchmark

Post by FarbigeWelt »

LuxCoreRender hanger
LuxCoreRender hanger
Above happens if I select first listed device (Hawaii) only.
Benchmark 2.1 render if both devices are selected or second listed (gfx1010) only.
Other scenes render no matter which device is selected.

I think this is odd.

Does anybody have any idea?
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:20 pm Above happens if I select first listed device (Hawaii) only.
Benchmark 2.1 render if both devices are selected or second listed (gfx1010) only.

The OpenCL drivers for 5700XT are broken, at the release they weren't able to render some of the LuxMark scenes too, do they all work for you ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Dade wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:32 pm
FarbigeWelt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:20 pm Above happens if I select first listed device (Hawaii) only.

The OpenCL drivers for 5700XT are broken, at the release they weren't able to render some of the LuxMark scenes too, do they all work for you ?
Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.4 Optional from 29.07.2019.
All LuxMark 3.1 scenes work on both cards (one choosen only) with all openCL setting, benchmarks and VR (all openCL paths, all engines).
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Try to disable OpenCL usage for film image pipeline, it looks like the place where it freezes for you :idea:
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Dade wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:10 pm Try to disable OpenCL usage for film image pipeline, it looks like the place where it freezes for you :idea:
This is a good idea and I tested it. Tonemap openCL device disabled and first device (Hawaii) rendered successful. It also does if tonemap device was set to second openCL device (gfx1010).
MacBook Air with M1
chafouin

Post by chafouin »

GTX 2080Ti + Titan X (Pascal) + i7-9700K: 3 min 34s
blender_QMSmq473SG.png
I gave Photon GI a try but it did change the look of the render quite a lot. The floor bounce a lot more of warm light, which doesn't look bad, but what is more surprising is that the reflections are different? The bottom left corner where the wall meets the floor is very different.
reference.png
Reference
photonGI.png
Photon GI

However with Photon GI, Random sampler and noise threshold halt at 30, it rendered in 38.2 seconds, which is pretty amazing.

EDIT: Turning off the Automatic Lookup Radius and setting it to 50cm fixed the reflections.
photonGI_manualradius.jpg
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

Bought a used MacBook Air M1, base version: 8CPU/7GPU cores, 8GB RAM+256GB SSD (modded with thermal pad).
Tested against Ryzen 3900X @ 65W TDP +2x RTX 2070 @ 130W TDP while measuring wall power in Watt.
Benchmark scene @ 256 samples, no denoiser, SOBOL progressive is faster for Mac while SOBOL cache friendly is better with Win PC.
LuxBench.jpg
While everyone is waiting for Cycles on Metal, LuxCore has already a working GPU solution which, running on OpenCL, might not even take a significant Rosetta toll which is ~20% for CPU render.
acasta69
Developer
Developer

Post by acasta69 »

Very interesting to see render performance together with power consumption :!:
Thanks.

Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v445.87
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

So an M1 CPU is faster than a AMD 3900X (without even been natively compiled for ARM CPUs) :?:
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

Dade wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:57 pm So an M1 CPU is faster than a AMD 3900X (without even been natively compiled for ARM CPUs) :?:
Nope, the CPU is about half as fast natively, in LuxMark even worse because of ~20% Rosetta (X86 to ARM transl.) penalty.
LuxBench.pdf.zip
(18.54 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Above I have measured the average wall power during the main render (w/o scene setup) and multiplied with the render time to get energy amount used for the LuxBench render job disregarding time.
Here the M1 (CPU+GPU) is 1:1.67 vs Ryzen 3900 +2x RTX2070.
On Blenderartists I'm trying to get owners of the new M1 Pro/Max hardware to join in LuxCoreRender testing.