No new version?

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Odilkhan Yakubov

Re: No new version?

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov »

@Dade, are you stoped developing forever, am I right?

Post by Luximage »

@Dade thank you for all your hard work you have put into Luxcore, you and @B.Y.O.B have done a tremendous job!
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

It's sad to read this.
Luxcore is still beyond competition in quality.
I continue to work in it. Doing a lot of renderings on a daily basis. Of all the projects, 90% of them are Luxcore. And I can't replace Luxcore with anything else. My eye can see how Octane loses out in terms of elegance of materials. My eye sees how Cycles produces "cartoonish" graphics.
I was and still am a Luxcore fan.
I found an experienced Blender addon developer willing to develop Luxcore and to whom I was willing to pay $250 a month on my own. But he needed initial support in understanding Luxcore and we couldn't find that support.
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
http://dezigner.tilda.ws/
Harvester
Donor
Donor

Post by Harvester »

It's a pity that this project cannot be further developed because LuxCoreRender is still a valuable render engine in the arena of available ones. I wish to sincerely and deeply thank Dade, B.Y.O.B and any other developers who contributed to the project during all these years, hoping that at some point in the future this might be resumed. Not being a developer I cannot contribute other that financially to this great project, so if there is anything I can do I'll be willing to do it. Grazie!
Steve_k2400

Post by Steve_k2400 »

It's so sad to see such an important and well maintained project to just die.
In many aspects there is no replacement for LuxCore.
I can understand that after so many years of development the priorities gets shifted especially if there is no financial reward to all the hard work.
So a big thanks for all the developers for all their great work!

In recent months I started to experiment with LuxCore at work (automotive design, specifically lamp and lighting development) and I'm cautiously optimistic that there would be realistic use cases for the Blender LuxCore Renderer here.
If the development of LuxCore itself is dead and there is no chance for any resurrection in the near future then of course it doesn't make much sense to invest more time in this.
That would be a shame though as in my opinion LuxCore was an outstanding project.

If I understand the words from Dez! correctly, then there is no more hope to pass the development of LuxCore (not the Blender Luxcore Addon) to another developer. Is that correct?
(Currently I could only afford around 30 Euros a month privately to support any future LuxCore development.)
Will there be any official statement from Dade or from other developers regarding the future of LuxCore and about the future of the connected resources (like this forum)?
Odilkhan Yakubov

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov »

Latest Official BlendLuxCore v2.61 is out:
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... tag/latest
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

We all have to Say a BIG THANKS to Michael KLemm for this push.
without him We could have been stuck there in blender 3.3
for a veryyyyyy Loong Time.
Michael k.png
I hope one day we have a direct way to show him our support ;)
It isn't the first time a save us like that.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Steve_k2400

Post by Steve_k2400 »

I wrote it already in my message but I'm more then happy to repeat myself:
Many thanks for all the Developers who keep Luxcore and the Luxcore Blender Plugin alive!
Also a big thanks for all the Content Creators who take the time to create tutorials and help us here in the Forum, in their respective Patreon sites or on Discord.
daros

Post by daros »

Hi, we have ready an update which fixes the deletion of millions of instances from a live session. Before it was almost freezing and now it does the job in a fraction of a second.
delete instances.mp4
(465.09 KiB) Downloaded 945 times
My programmers will soon get in touch with dade to revise and release the update.