No new version?

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
drsp

Re: No new version?

Post by drsp »

Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:59 pm Hi. Unfortunately, @B.Y.O.B. is left the development of BlendLuxCore for Blender as he hadn't got enough money for his hard work between development. So thats why we have no main developer now. Any great skills on programming languages are welcome!
Sad to hear this.
I didn't check the forum on a regular basis, so I may be late...

About how much money are we talking?
What would a financial proposal be, for let's say one major version per year to keep up with blender development?
In the past it seemed like some people were trying to use luxcore in a commercial software or service.
Maybe it would benefit all to share the cost - guess we are not talking millions here, are we?

Could some in kind contribution also help - like compute power for tests and compiling?

I would love to see some discussion about the future, rather than silent quitting!
That would be really sad for this great project!
Odilkhan Yakubov

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov »

drsp wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:35 pm
Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:59 pm Hi. Unfortunately, @B.Y.O.B. is left the development of BlendLuxCore for Blender as he hadn't got enough money for his hard work between development. So thats why we have no main developer now. Any great skills on programming languages are welcome!
Sad to hear this.
I didn't check the forum on a regular basis, so I may be late...

About how much money are we talking?
What would a financial proposal be, for let's say one major version per year to keep up with blender development?
In the past it seemed like some people were trying to use luxcore in a commercial software or service.
Maybe it would benefit all to share the cost - guess we are not talking millions here, are we?

Could some in kind contribution also help - like compute power for tests and compiling?

I would love to see some discussion about the future, rather than silent quitting!
That would be really sad for this great project!
Hi. Sorry but I cannot say you something about his opinion why he has been finished like this. From other side we need to thank and respect for his all hard works inside and outside LuxCore development to Simon.

Post by Luximage »

Does anybody have a suggestion or financial proposal like drsp said for funding Luxcore, is there a chance of @B.Y.O.B coming back if we raise a certain amount of money?
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

There is still an inflow of monthly donations on Bountysource, I guess Dade will need this to keep this forum alive.
Sharly and daros from felixrender are looking for developers on blenderartists.org.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

epilectrolytics wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:02 am There is still an inflow of monthly donations on Bountysource, I guess Dade will need this to keep this forum alive.
Sharly and daros from felixrender are looking for developers on blenderartists.org.
Actually, BountySource doesn't even work anymore and there are no money on it anyway: I have just spent 360+Euro in November to renew all the hosting and domain services.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Odilkhan Yakubov

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov »

Dade wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:40 am
epilectrolytics wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:02 am There is still an inflow of monthly donations on Bountysource, I guess Dade will need this to keep this forum alive.
Actually, BountySource doesn't even work anymore and there are no money on it anyway: I have just spent 360+Euro in November to renew all the hosting and domain services.
Hi @Dade
Are you still working on LuxCoreRender or not? If not so we will try to helps you to continue the progress as much as we can. For example, from my side I will donate as much as I can do it. Also I will helps with my Python skills as much as possible.
Donor
Donor

Dade wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:40 am Actually, BountySource doesn't even work anymore and there are no money on it anyway:
They show a figure of "$205 this month from 13 supporters" on their site.
Do you mean it is impossible to get a cash out?
In this case we should somehow alert the users to stop wasting money there, maybe in a pinned thread over here?

Also an alternative needs to be set up by the active developers (TAO, Odil?) so we can help with your expenses.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

epilectrolytics wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:37 pm
Dade wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:40 am Actually, BountySource doesn't even work anymore and there are no money on it anyway:
They show a figure of "$205 this month from 13 supporters" on their site.
Do you mean it is impossible to get a cash out?
The site is broken: "We are sorry to inform you that the SALT platform has been temporary closed for technical reasons. Please apologize for any inconvenience. We will keep you informed of its progress status."

It is written on the top of all the pages: https://salt.bountysource.com
epilectrolytics wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:37 pm In this case we should somehow alert the users to stop wasting money there, maybe in a pinned thread over here?
I don't think you can donate money at all :?:

This is the current balance of the project:
bala.jpg
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:49 pm Hi @Dade
Are you still working on LuxCoreRender or not?
No.
Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:49 pm For example, from my side I will donate as much as I can do it.
Don't. There is nothing to spend the money on.
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Dade wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:57 pm The site is broken: "We are sorry to inform you that the SALT platform has been temporary closed for technical reasons. Please apologize for any inconvenience. We will keep you informed of its progress status."
Thanks for clarifying.
I was under the impresion that while site access is down, monthly withdrawals from donators would still continue as previously.