Playing with liquids+bottles

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
MCurto

Re: Playing with liquids+bottles

Post by MCurto »

A bit different, decided to tackle Coffee foam, tried first a Cycles foam shadder but it was utter rubbish.
Watched a few of Dravia/Sharlylbg tutorials on SSS and decided to combine a few materials and try for the fisrt time custom bumps and displacement maps.
Test5.jpg
Still a WIP, but feel like already leaned so much with it.After several attempts decided to use PS High map from base Diffuse to create a rough displacement that I use with MultiRES modifier on high settings (7) and real displacement modifier that I could use sculpt to modify the bigger bubbles and then use Cycles to bake better displacement maps.

Still have a dew things to tweak and some others to add like coffee beans but overall quite happy how foam turned out.
Luximage

Post by Luximage »

The foam looks real, very nice photorealistic result of the whole coffee cup!
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

The research of extra details and experimentations you did
finally paid. congratulation ;)
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
MCurto

Post by MCurto »

Tks, its funny because I saw a lot of videos on people explaining weird methods to make displacement maps , ranging from getting heights with fancy methods to using plug-ins when in reality, turns out its a lot easier than I expected:

Very short video and exactly to the point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxdgc7a7s4E

Ended up using a rough height map from difuse coupled with displacement modifier to get a rough shape and Because of MultiRES modifier enables to enter directly in sculpt mode, tweak it a bit and render displacement map.Fast and easy.

Its not finished thought.
MCurto

Post by MCurto »

CocaCola_Domino_B.jpg
Bit of a test.
Didn't work out as it should , had issues with displacement of logo and some weird Blender bugs as I couldnt bake the displacement, never the less think its a somewhat nice composition.
Luximage

Post by Luximage »

Cool rendering, nice glasses!