Suggestion for luxcore material library / preset

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
tayo6

Re: Suggestion for luxcore material library / preset

Post by tayo6 »

Dade wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:19 am I asked about a "A web site where to upload/download material definitions to build a public library of LuxCore materials" here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=308

It was voted but less that one could have expected.
May I ask, at that time you asked for that website, did you have material presets to share?
tayo6

Post by tayo6 »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:28 am
tayo6 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:10 pm I very much want people to have their work corrected, i just hope that material libraries that would be post on here should be handled by people who truly know what they are doing.

Code: Select all

Off topic and generic question:
One can always want anything, this is for free and for anybody. 
Talking about will. What are you willing to do for favour? 
If i get you right, what I would give in exchange for a favour? Right?
tayo6

Post by tayo6 »

Sharlybg wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:41 pm A starting solution could be for you the free example scene on the Download page.
The food scene cover a lot of diferent kind of shader from simple to complexe textured model. You can grab it on the download page.
I can find only 3 tutorials, the sss shader setup, the DLSC tutorial and the last, users of cycles willing to try out luxcore. I can't find the food scene.

I really do understand setting up pbr, i can even make pbr materials from photoshop and gimp. I understand yafarays and i'm getting the hang of cycles gradually. Thing is, i just want to study node follows in luxcore and i think just like VSTI, if luxcore could have a website for presets newbies can learn, i can learn too. Luxcore shouldn't necessarily use third party textures, it could be connecting just the default shaders and nodes in luxcore to make say something as simple as a nylon or cloud
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

tayo6 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:36 am
FarbigeWelt wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:28 am What are you willing to do for favour?
Yes, this is one and correct of possible rephrased versions of this question. In exchange is often related but not limited to deal matters or works for liquidities like money. Among others a deal can also be exchange of different matters, works, intellectual properties.
Simply asked: What do you offer for the realization to get a solution for your need? And are there any people with appropriate ressources accepting the offer to work/invest their time and skills bound to an order?
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

tayo6 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:49 am I can't find the food scene.
it's here: https://luxcorerender.org/download/#ExampleScenes
tayo6

Post by tayo6 »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:41 am
tayo6 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:36 am
FarbigeWelt wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:28 am What are you willing to do for favour?
Yes, this is one and correct of possible rephrased versions of this question. In exchange is often related but not limited to deal matters or works for liquidities like money. Among others a deal can also be exchange of different matters, works, intellectual properties.
Simply asked: What do you offer for the realization to get a solution for your need? And are there any people with appropriate ressources accepting the offer to work/invest their time and skills bound to an order?
Well, since you suggest trade by barter as a means to aquire what I want, i don't mind. Only thing is, based on your list, i don't have much to exchange. But let's see what anyone wants me to give for luxcore material library
tayo6

Post by tayo6 »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:58 am
tayo6 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:49 am I can't find the food scene.
it's here: https://luxcorerender.org/download/#ExampleScenes
Thanks for the assistance
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

tayo6 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:50 am [ luxcore material library
Actually as lacilaci mentioned and also can be found as comment from experienced users of other renderers, with the basic nodes of LucCoreRender one can get a realistic look straight forward with view adjustments for the simpler materials. This is in contrast to e.g. Cycles what requires more nodes and set up time for a similar look.

In my opinion one of the first step is to communicate a clear description and/ior illustration of a material library. What materials are missing? Wchich available materials require more descriptions and examples for main as well as edge uses showing properties influences.
Materials in the library should porobably be for instant us without any adjustments. Materials should be import- and exportable and they should keep resistant in blender files or linkable to locally or stored cloud templates. Besides their renderable properties they should allow store protectsble information like author, claims, owners, licences. These are just a few fast drafted ideas for the requirements. I hope you undertand now, why I think, that a material library is goiod idea but it requires a lot of things to be considered to get st least a consensus of what to talk about and think about if its worth for further investigations in relation to rather more attractive, useful and pleasent features of open and voted for topics on the wishlist.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
tayo6

Post by tayo6 »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:35 pm
tayo6 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:50 am [ luxcore material library
Actually as lacilaci mentioned and also can be found as comment from experienced users of other renderers, with the basic nodes of LucCoreRender one can get a realistic look straight forward with view adjustments for the simpler materials. This is in contrast to e.g. Cycles what requires more nodes and set up time for a similar look.

In my opinion one of the first step is to communicate a clear description and/ior illustration of a material library. What materials are missing? Wchich available materials require more descriptions and examples for main as well as edge uses showing properties influences.
Materials in the library should porobably be for instant us without any adjustments. Materials should be import- and exportable and they should keep resistant in blender files or linkable to locally or stored cloud templates. Besides their renderable properties they should allow store protectsble information like author, claims, owners, licences. These are just a few fast drafted ideas for the requirements. I hope you undertand now, why I think, that a material library is goiod idea but it requires a lot of things to be considered to get st least a consensus of what to talk about and think about if its worth for further investigations in relation to rather more attractive, useful and pleasent features of open and voted for topics on the wishlist.

Actually, i have been talking from the point of view of a beginner, you mentioned experienced users, I'm not experienced, the setup might be simple and quick for experienced people but not for me or newbies. Even though you said cycles requires more nodes to get good results, there are still literally thousands of tutorial online to assist people, I'm aware of about 3 websites where one can download lot of cycles material. Luxcore is powerful, but lacking in tutorial compared to cycles and i felt maybe a dedicated website material library might compensate for the few tutorials.

I already gave response to your second paragraph, reason why I posted this website,
https://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/73804 luxcore can follow this same model/ blueprint. Please check the website.

Sometimes, we don't have to reinvent the wheel, even professionals might be in a hurry and can rely on presets
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Sorry, but I had troubles with different links for cycles’ material libraries I found when looking for a useful input of ideas how to define one.

A nice isolution for newbies could be something like
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... OGQxTNbp4Q

Or just a simple description of basic nodes and rendered examples like
https://www.blenderguru.com/articles/cy ... cyclopedia

The first one would need a project of its own or good motivation and negotiation skills asking them for a solution covering LuxCoreRender plugin.

The second one can be easy realized on beginners level and some support of experienced users.

Would you like to realize a similar approach like the overview approach if someone, maybe me, supports you with the first steps? And resulting materials and pictures are free to be used?
MacBook Air with M1