LuxCoreRender v2.1 released

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.1 released

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Can you post a testscene that shows the problem?
Stem

Post by Stem »

Hi,
Its a problem with missing materials.
If I import an object and any material zone's have not been given a Luxcore material, then I get the error/problem.
In previous builds, an imported object with missing Luxcore mats would render, and I would be given warnings about missing mats.

Do I need to post a test scene? You could import an object(.obj) and check.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Thanks for the report, I fixed the bug.
I think I'll wait a few days if any more bugs are found and repackage the BlendLuxCore release then (I don't think we need a v2.1.1 for only one bug, I can just move the v2.1 tag).
Stem

Post by Stem »

Hi,

Thanks for checking/fixing the bug.

Another issue, but it is unpredictable. When a render is in progress(just after starting), I can get an error showing(which stops the render) of:-
-------------
Report: Error
Writing to ID classes in this context is not allowed: Scene, Scene Datablock, error setting LuxcoreConfigPath.suggested_clamping value
-------------

The error can show, but when restarting the render(with no changes) it will render OK without the error.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Writing to ID classes in this context is not allowed: Scene, Scene Datablock, error setting LuxcoreConfigPath.suggested_clamping value
I've seen this happen a couple of times in the past. But when restarting the render the message has gone. I had presumed that, in my case, the error was a user error as opposed a software one.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Stem wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:11 pm Another issue, but it is unpredictable. When a render is in progress(just after starting), I can get an error showing(which stops the render) of:-
-------------
Report: Error
-------------

The error can show, but when restarting the render(with no changes) it will render OK without the error.
I think this is a bug in BlendLuxCore, appparently a render engine is not supposed to modify the scene data during the render.
But it seems to fail only very rarely. However, we will have to fix this in the future. For now, I have only added a safety net so the error doesn't end the render anymore.
Thank you for the report.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I have moved the v2.1 tag to include the latest fixes and re-uploaded the BlendLuxCore v2.1 binaries.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Rob has made the binaries for MacOS available at the same link of other binaries.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

good to see luxcore news on evermotion: https://evermotion.org/articles/show/11 ... 2-1-is-out
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

lacilaci wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:10 pm good to see luxcore news on evermotion: https://evermotion.org/articles/show/11 ... 2-1-is-out
Nice :!:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties