Iridescence material

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
JoeDDD

Iridescence material

Post by JoeDDD »

I was wondering if is it possible to make this kind of material in luxrender. There are ways to do it in cycles but most of the node setups use "Fresnel" node which doesn't exist in luxrender. If not are there any chances of implementing a special "Iridescence" shader in luxcore?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Iridescence material

Post by Dade »

JoeDDD wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:36 am If not are there any chances of implementing a special "Iridescence" shader in luxcore?
It is possible but I have a quite long TODO list, at the moment, so I'm afraid it is not going to happen very soon.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
JoeDDD

Post by JoeDDD »

Dade wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:59 pm
JoeDDD wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:36 am If not are there any chances of implementing a special "Iridescence" shader in luxcore?
It is possible but I have a quite long TODO list, at the moment, so I'm afraid it is not going to happen very soon.
Thanks for your reply! I'm just wondering if you are talking about days, months or years here. I think iridescence shader would be very useful for a lot of things since there are some materials in real world with that characheristic. I really like luxrender because it is physically based engine and it can give you spectacular results. A few other render engines can render iridescence materials and I hope luxrender will be able to do it soon as well!
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

JoeDDD wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:29 pm if you are talking about days, months or years here.
The work itself should be measurable in days but my TODO list is more measurable in months at the moment :|
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties