The I N D I N I E house

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

The I N D I N I E house

Post by Sharlybg »

Hi guys ! after 4 weeks of fun working on a customer project i'm happy to share with you the result. We only had to work on the interior. Most of image rendered in 2k+ some on Path with a single GPU R9 390 (9hours) and others Bidir with CPU i7 8700k ( 14 hours). I switch to CPU + BIDIR because it give brighter image with more natural tone while sometime Simple Path start to darkening when the scene is to GI dominant.

As i also said on my Japan mood project " The more i use Bidir engine the more i like it". Rendering on CPU have some good advantages :

. Better and more detail scene light

. Faster for indirect light scenario case

. Cooler and quiet temperature while rendering

. AND SOMETIME (like in the bathroom) Bidir is 2X faster when paired with sobol sampler. (render time 6hour the same image with same resolution take arround 9hr 30mn to complete while being sligtly noisy)

II/ The 2 Main Living room "GPU"

SM.jpg

SM1.jpg

II/ Secondary Living room "CPU"

SSCOMP.jpg

II/ Bedroom"CPU"

BEDY.jpg

BBEDDYY.jpg

II/ Bathroom "CPU"

SSBM2.jpg

OPENGL CAPTURE

1 (2).jpg
1 (3).jpg
1 (4).jpg
1 (1).jpg
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: The I N D I N I E house

Post by Sharlybg »

OPENGL CAPTURE BATHROOM

1 (5).jpg

stefdln

Post by stefdln »

Nice work as usual !
The carpet texture could have used a bit of a tweaking as it looks pretty blurry right now.
But apart from that and maybe a bunch of areas that look a bit noisy, great job.
Looking forward to get displacement implemented in Lux (really) to see you deal with it in the best possible way.
Vheers
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

nice, I agree both about the carpet. Maybe few other things like oversaturated wood material color imho and exterior background image being pretty lowres.

That rendertime is pretty insane but we know why even after 6+ hours you can't properly get rid of noise... Rendertime could easily be at same quality in 1hr and even better in 1.5-2 hrs.

That said, another thing that I think could help you would be render 2x the size you need and downscale final result. I get pretty nice results in 2hrs on a 4K renderings + nvidia denoiser all the time (but of course no bi-dir).
Asticles
Donor
Donor

Post by Asticles »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:30 am nice, I agree both about the carpet. Maybe few other things like oversaturated wood material color imho and exterior background image being pretty lowres.

That rendertime is pretty insane but we know why even after 6+ hours you can't properly get rid of noise... Rendertime could easily be at same quality in 1hr and even better in 1.5-2 hrs.

That said, another thing that I think could help you would be render 2x the size you need and downscale final result. I get pretty nice results in 2hrs on a 4K renderings + nvidia denoiser all the time (but of course no bi-dir).
Sorry, can you explain that?

4K render -> downsample -> denoiser?
or
4K render -> denoiser -> downsample.

Regards
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Asticles wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:00 am
lacilaci wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:30 am nice, I agree both about the carpet. Maybe few other things like oversaturated wood material color imho and exterior background image being pretty lowres.

Sorry, can you explain that?

4K render -> downsample -> denoiser?
or
4K render -> denoiser -> downsample.

Regards
Well, my usual approach is 1.5 or 2x the resolution I need so for something like 2K on internet I render 4K, then denoise and downscale to the resolution I need.

Rendering up to 2K is going to be slow cause small details would need a lot of samples to clear up if they consist only of handful of pixels. So I render higher resolution so that the details cover more area and show better.
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

Really great lighting!
I'd give the lamps with the nice IES shapes a more yellowish hue though (warm-white LED style).
Asticles
Donor
Donor

Post by Asticles »

Great renders! A pity that the carpet needs more love.

Congrats!
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Thanks guys ! I also expect to make thing a lot better the next time. ;)

B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Top notch work.
I'll definitely add some to the gallery.

By the way, how much do you edit in postpro?
During my archviz internship, we did about 40% of the look in Photoshop (you might remember the comparison I posted once).
I have the feeling you change a lot less, is that correct?