Different Works in Progress

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Close your window if its stormy

Post by FarbigeWelt »

GPU Path, halt condition 15 s per frame
GPU Path, halt condition 15 s per frame
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Different Works in Progress

Post by Dade »

There may be be some space between window frame and the wall (i.e. the bright line on the ground).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Dade wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:42 pm There may be be some space between window frame and the wall (i.e. the bright line on the ground).
Yes, there is, and I apologize for this glitch in the sketch, I was a bit inpatient and too lazy to correct the model and rerender the animation.
(After I know how to implement my final idea, there will be an update of the short animation. By the way, forum software struggles during upload of animated gif if its duration is more than a few seconds, even if file size is a good part below max. upload size.)
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Use case of Matte Transluscent

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Amount of lights is still an issue. One filament in the picture contains 60 lights. DLC can handle this but for 50 filaments this takes time.
Outer object has matte transluscent with reflection 0,0 and diffuse yellow; inner material matte with opacity 0.0 and emission 1,1,1. There is not any additional light than the visible object.
GPU Path, Matte Transluscent, 2000 Samples, 6 min
GPU Path, Matte Transluscent, 2000 Samples, 6 min
Filament has been made with mesh screw tool, inner object with a triangle, outer object with circle 32. Not much work to do as soon as one understands how screw tool work.
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Ice cube 2nd of n versions

Post by FarbigeWelt »

This pictures shows pretty nice influence of Metropolis' consecutive rejects value on beam distribution.
Icd Cube CPU BiDir, Metropolis consrej 32768, 150 Samples, 6h, 2HD
Icd Cube CPU BiDir, Metropolis consrej 32768, 150 Samples, 6h, 2HD
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Different Gems, Dispersion, Metropolis BiDr

Post by FarbigeWelt »

The picture is a technical study without claiming any esthetic.
It shows reliably caustics and dispersion.

This scene can be setup within a few minutes from scratch.
Gems can be selected mesh>extras>diamonds (extras is a menu of a standard mesh tool addon). After defining material with volumes and chosing world volume, gems can be distributed with particlesystem. In the pictures are three types of gems each wich its own particlesystem, actually a copy with change of seed. After 1100 samples with linear tonemaper, auto brightness was disabled, reinhard adsjusted and finally gamma and exposure set.
Different Gems, IOR Diamond, GPU BiDir, Metropolis, Reinhard, 6h, 1250 S
Different Gems, IOR Diamond, GPU BiDir, Metropolis, Reinhard, 6h, 1250 S
Resolution: 2160x21060

(I wonder why the gems are a bit yellow/amber. At render's start they are chaotic colorful until getting detailed a few hundreds samples later.)
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:04 am (I wonder why the gems are a bit yellow/amber. At render's start they are chaotic colorful until getting detailed a few hundreds samples later.)
Did you use clamping?
If yes, try to disable it or render with a higher value.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:12 am Did you use clamping?
If yes, try to disable it or render with a higher value.
Yes, to get a clear image,

EDIT: suggestion was 5.8, I clamped with 5.01. I did not follow my intuition:
I clamped to 500.01. 100x the recommendation. I thought to be on the sfe side.

Thanks to you, I remember some tests with glass cubes, I‘ll have a look at them and rerender over night with higher clamping value or disabling it.
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Gems rearranged, less clamped

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Most human's Ieye like chaotic patterns and order/symmetry in pictures in a kind of balance. Too much in one of these directions annoys or bores perception. The rearranged gems are randomly but systematic set.

I made some observations regarding clamping, dispersion, noise, tone and image resolution during clamp value optimization (notes following later).
Different Gems, IOR Diamond, GPU BiDir, Metropolis, Reinhard, clamped 50000, 1380 Samples
Different Gems, IOR Diamond, GPU BiDir, Metropolis, Reinhard, clamped 50000, 1380 Samples
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Intermezzo: Tree and Wind

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Currently collecting different tools/approaches on the way of the windy window scene I rembemered good old sapling tree addon's capabilies to add armatures and simulate wind.
I know there are overlapping leaves because of random vertex selection. There is a way to avoid it but means more effort.

GPU Path, Sobol, depth 4, halt condition 125 samples, leaves Glossy transluscent, animated Gif 256 colors dithered, 25% HD, 120 frames
Tree-and-Wind.gif
MacBook Air with M1