Test for SSS

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
threedslider

Test for SSS

Post by threedslider »

Hi, i am new here

First thank you for LuxCoreRender is better than old and love it much ! :) I still am learning to PBR or 3D more general (video games, realtime rendering, etc...) to make my own or why not maybe to help to Luxdev one day of course if they want ;)

Ok, let see what LuxCoreRender can make for SSS, i study for looking to them, i render quickly and the head is not mine, i found in blendswap from model.

I make two picture wip, so what do you think from this SSS, it looks good or not ? it can make to improve ?
Attachments
blender_sss_luxcore_blendernerd.png
blender_sss_luxcore_blendernerd2.png
wasd

Re: Test for SSS

Post by wasd »

I don't know, but will tell anyway! I wish there was shader like Glossy Translucent, but really translucent (and not bugged!). But, with what we have at hand, we'd resort to glass or glossy (not)translucent.
Head on the first image (from top) looks like some wax or soap, but! It would be that translucent if there's more air than wax in that material. You'd better either make it 100% opaque, or make Scattering Scale much bigger, so it won't be see-through.
Second image: it's like some sort of plastic. It's better, because material is not see-through.
If you want something like human skin, then Absorption Depth should be much smaller. Something like 0.13 - 1.3 mm. I don't know exactly how much :?
CPU Bidir + Metropolis | Core i5-4570
threedslider

Re: Test for SSS

Post by threedslider »

Thank you wasd, yes I was making for scattering scale more bigger like 300 and absorption depth 0.01 (more small lol), that's it looks to second image. To first image is 150 with scattering scale and same setting for absorption depth.