LuxCoreRender v2.1alpha3 released

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.
Dez!

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.1alpha3 released

Post by Dez! »

all ok. sorry :oops:
Last edited by Dez! on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
http://dezigner.tilda.ws/
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Looks like a problem with your internet connection (or maybe with SSL on your system?).
You can try it again, or you can manually download and install from zip in Blender.
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

excuse me. Yes, I understood that. torrent downloaded the movie :)
tried to delete the message on the forum ...
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
http://dezigner.tilda.ws/
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Alpha 3, easy to be installed in preferences. Run a few scences. Works great with max. amount of 6 added llight groups now. Still reports repeating internal phyton error in console using view port. Exports large scences much faster. Does not check if light strategy is available for opencl before filling direct light cache. Run at 99% cpu time in one case, view port was set to render, after chosing another scene to load. Had to kill blender in this case. Scene loaded then properly from deafault blender scene. Zooming in view port leads to large render view, should be limited to visible window size.

All in all a very good update. Thanks a lot to all persons involved.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Ok, so here's a problem with instances I didn't see before.

First, I was using 2.8 where I was linking collections and in the main project duplicating the linked collections(shift+d) this doesn't add anything to memory from blender and the same goes for cycles. So huge amount of instances could be present in blender and in rendering as well.

Now, in 2.79b I cannot use alt+d cause while this new luxcore alpha does make instances, blender itself is eating ram just as if I was duplicating geometry, not leaving much room for rendering.

So now I understand why group instances make sense, they add something to memory with blender but it seems to be a fraction of an actual duplicated object. However those instances do become actual non-instanced objects when trying to render even in the lastest alpha3, so it fills up ram very quickly.

This makes alt+d being actually not useful much as within blender itself will eat the ram. And group instances are not useful at all cause it's broken.

So I guess to be able to use instances in blender 2.79b the group instances need to be fixed in blendluxcore so that there is no problem with ram in blender nor while rendering.
Later, hopefuly once luxcore gets to 2.8 we will be able to utilize collection instancing which doesn't add to memory at all and makes large scene management really simple.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:08 am Alpha 3, easy to be installed in preferences. Run a few scences. Works great with max. amount of 6 added llight groups now. Still reports repeating internal phyton error in console using view port. Exports large scences much faster. Does not check if light strategy is available for opencl before filling direct light cache. Run at 99% cpu time in one case, view port was set to render, after chosing another scene to load. Had to kill blender in this case. Scene loaded then properly from deafault blender scene. Zooming in view port leads to large render view, should be limited to visible window size.

All in all a very good update. Thanks a lot to all persons involved.
Thanks for testing. Can you create github issues for each of the points you mentioned?
Still reports repeating internal phyton error in console using view port.
Please also include the exact error message for this one, and a scene.

@lacilaci: Yes, that's a huge drawback about Alt+D duplicates.
Particles or duplis (dupliverts/duplifaces) are your best options for instancing until the groups are fixed.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

lacilaci wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:01 am Ok, so here's a problem with instances I didn't see before

Now, in 2.79b I cannot use alt+d cause while this new luxcore alpha does make instances, blender itself is eating ram just as if I was duplicating geometry, not leaving much room for rendering.

This makes alt+d being actually not useful much as within blender itself will eat the ram. And group instances are not useful at all cause it's broken.
I made some tests with blender 2.79b with the same observation. alt+d issue is therefore blender related.
Creating a mesh and using vertex option for particle sytem‘s placing objects together with showing unborns should be a possible workaround. Vertex option also helps with rotation if you like to align objects with mesh normals. Trees are not very handy for this approach if you replace leafs because linked objects are not multiplied by particle systems. And making leafs ‚real‘ leads to lots of objects or ist here a way to combine the leafs directly into one mesh object?
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:52 am And making leafs ‚real‘ leads to lots of objects or ist here a way to combine the leafs directly into one mesh object?
Ctrl+J (join).
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:01 am
FarbigeWelt wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:52 am And making leafs ‚real‘ leads to lots of objects or ist here a way to combine the leafs directly into one mesh object?
Ctrl+J (join).
Okay, I have to try this before making leafs ‚real‘.

Because joinig several hundreds of selected objects takes time and makes not much sense.
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Yes, I will create these issues in github.

Another observation: opencl seems to render one light group after the other. I guess each with at least one scene Sample or something related to its importance. Please explain.
MacBook Air with M1