periodicsave resumerendering

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Fox

periodicsave resumerendering

Post by Fox »

What is the periodicsave.resumerendering file, do i need this option enabled?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: periodicsave resumerendering

Post by Dade »

Fox wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:09 pm What is the periodicsave.resumerendering file, do i need this option enabled?
It is a properties to enable periodic save of a rendering resume file while doing the rendering. It is a kind of safe guard in case of a crash/hardware failure/etc.: you can resume the rendering from the last saved file.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Fox

Post by Fox »

Does the resume file have all geometry files inside, it's very close to full scene size only little smaller?
Where is the SPPM and BIDIRVMCPU film resume at, same like in LuxRender 1.7?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Fox wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:18 pm Does the resume file have all geometry files inside, it's very close to full scene size only little smaller?
Yes, the file include everything required to resume the rendering (i.e. geometry, materials, textures, film, etc.).
Fox wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:18 pm Where is the SPPM and BIDIRVMCPU film resume at, same like in LuxRender 1.7?
SPPM never because it has been surpassed by recent research like VM. BIDIRVMCPU, maybe in the future, if a good way of having VM and Metropolis sampler at the same time is found.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties