Installing OpenCL libraries

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
ajm

Installing OpenCL libraries

Post by ajm »

Linux noob here, but had LuxCore running great until I upgraded the OS to Mint 19 and got a whole new set of proprietary drivers, but not sure if they contain the OpenCL drivers. nVidia 390.48-0ubuntu3. My error is

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/andrew/opt/Blender/2.79/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py", line 331, in enable
mod = __import__(module_name)
File "/home/andrew/opt/Blender/2.79/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/__init__.py", line 13, in <module>
from .bin import pyluxcore
ImportError: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It appears that I am missing the OpenCL libraries, but have no clue how to add them. I have been searching for quite some time with no luck. I think the 384 version came with this library, since everything worked out of the box. Is there anyone that can help with this?
ajm

Re: Installing OpenCL libraries

Post by ajm »

Found a bunch of OpenCL drivers, but not the file above. Installed compute drivers on top as well just to make sure, but no luck.

Don't know if this helps
andrew@andrew-desktop:~$ locate pyluxcore
/home/andrew/BlenderAdd_config/addons/BlendLuxCore/bin/pyluxcore.so
/home/andrew/opt/Blender/2.79/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/bin/pyluxcore.so
/home/andrew/opt/Blender/2.79/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/bin/pyluxcoretools.zip
/home/andrew/opt/Blender/2.79/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/operators/pyluxcoretools.py
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

AMD and NVIDIA drivers usually includes OpenCL support. I don't if Mint requires to install something else too (like OpenCL ICD) :?:

To check if your OpenCL platform is working fine, use LuxMark, it is simpler to run and it has been tested on many thousands of systems.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
ajm

Post by ajm »

Well I don't know how to run it. Downloaded and extracted the binaries and nothing is executing.
ajm

Post by ajm »

It was the OpenCL ICD that I needed. Thanks!