LuxCoreRender v2.1alpha0 released

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.
Odilkhan Yakubov

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.1alpha0 released

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:15 pm The image will stay black until the denoising process finish the job !
But, there is hasnt black blank in the video. Why?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:39 pm But, there is hasnt black blank in the video. Why?
In the video I first run the denoiser, then after it finishes I switch to the DENOISED pass.
Odilkhan Yakubov

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov »

Finally, ive got the test render, but it was blured image :shock:
I changed nothing in the scene. The scene is simple a cornellbox. What is wrong?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

If the image is blurred, it means you don't have enough samples rendered.
Depending on the scene, you will need more or less samples, but it is usually in the 100-1000 range.
You can also try to change the settings according to Dade's description in the first post of this thread.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Hi, I'm somewhat new to luxcore. I'm experimenting with this beautiful renderer since 2.1 has denoiser and nice blender integration.

I've had some issues with 2.1 opencl rendering when I try to render resolutions above 3K on 6GB gpu + I7 cpu. Error displayed was telling me something about framebuffer is too big for gpu. Now for internet purposes up to 3K seems good enough but my client work is rarely below 5K and more often around 8K. I could render with cpu ok.

Now I understand that this is alpha but wonder if there is, or will be a workaround to the problem so that a 8K+ framebuffer fits into gpu?

Another question I have, are there some plans for out of core for luxcorerender? Having huge scene data and textures that don't fit in gpu/system memory?

Thanks for the work you do on this impressive render engine.

Laci
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

lacilaci wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:06 am I've had some issues with 2.1 opencl rendering when I try to render resolutions above 3K on 6GB gpu + I7 cpu. Error displayed was telling me something about framebuffer is too big for gpu. Now for internet purposes up to 3K seems good enough but my client work is rarely below 5K and more often around 8K. I could render with cpu ok.
Some GPU has a limit on the largest single block of memory it can allocate (to store the frame buffer and other stuff). For instance, the old AMD HD5870 has a limit of only 256MB even if the total amount of GPU memory available was larger. Your GPU may have the same kind of limit, what GPU do you have ?

Anyway, the solution of your problem is to use TILEPATH: it will store only small tiles on the GPU so the total frame buffer size doesn't matter.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I also have some questions on this topic (however only concerning CPU, not OpenCL), see my issue here:
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... -391863690
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Dade wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:21 am
lacilaci wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:06 am I've had some issues with 2.1 opencl rendering when I try to render resolutions above 3K on 6GB gpu + I7 cpu. Error displayed was telling me something about framebuffer is too big for gpu. Now for internet purposes up to 3K seems good enough but my client work is rarely below 5K and more often around 8K. I could render with cpu ok.
Some GPU has a limit on the largest single block of memory it can allocate (to store the frame buffer and other stuff). For instance, the old AMD HD5870 has a limit of only 256MB even if the total amount of GPU memory available was larger. Your GPU may have the same kind of limit, what GPU do you have ?

Anyway, the solution of your problem is to use TILEPATH: it will store only small tiles on the GPU so the total frame buffer size doesn't matter.
Hi I have GTX 1060 6GB. Do you think that using a 1080 or similar would solve the issue?

is there some limitations to using tiles for rendering? Performance issues or other? And can it be used cpu+gpu?

Thanks
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

lacilaci wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:48 am Hi I have GTX 1060 6GB. Do you think that using a 1080 or similar would solve the issue?
I have a GTX 980, if you give me the exact resolution, I can do a test.
lacilaci wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:48 am is there some limitations to using tiles for rendering? Performance issues or other? And can it be used cpu+gpu?
TILEPATH is a bit less efficient in term of performance (there are a lot of CPU <=> GPU comunications going on) but there aren't any other limitation I can think too.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:44 am I also have some questions on this topic (however only concerning CPU, not OpenCL), see my issue here:
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... -391863690
Have you tried the same test with LuxCoreUI or LuxConsole ?