bad lexical cast on export from blender

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: bad lexical cast on export from blender

Post by Dade »

nocivo wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:46 am no ",". The output is the same of your. But the cornell scene is the only scene that start without error.
Have cloned the https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCore repository and other scenes do not work ? If you try:

Code: Select all

luxcoreui scenes/luxball/luxball.cfg
Does it work ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
nocivo

Post by nocivo »

Hi Dade,
the scenes on github work well. The scenes exported using my blender installation, don't work.

Now I will try to reinstall blender using a clean installation. I will try also on windows to see if there is the same issue.
On linux, only me have this issue?

Thanks for your support
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

nocivo wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 3:09 am Now I will try to reinstall blender using a clean installation. I will try also on windows to see if there is the same issue.
On linux, only me have this issue?
There have been a couple of issues reported by Russian users (i.e. a radically different locale settings from western locales) and Linux but they ended to be related to some specific setting of their system, for instance, try to check this post and the solution described there: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=223&p=2854&hilit=locale#p2894

I have the feeling there is a problem with radically different locales like Russian and Japanese but we have not yet found the "smoking gun" proof (and solution).

As you have seen, LuxCore alone works fine, there may be some setting affecting LuxCore when running inside Blender.
nocivo

Post by nocivo »

thanks Dade,
I solved by un-selecting the international fonts in blender, remove luxcore addon, restart blender and install again luxcore addon.
Before, I used the international fonts options with language setting on english, but I have activated it to read materials and objects name writed in other language like japanese. Now, with international fonts option disabled, I cannot read object and material name wrote with character different from Latin. If you will solve this it's better, but I don't know if it is a luxcore or blender bug.

thanks
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

nocivo wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:31 am I solved by un-selecting the international fonts in blender, remove luxcore addon, restart blender and install again luxcore addon.
Before, I used the international fonts options with language setting on english, but I have activated it to read materials and objects name writed in other language like japanese. Now, with international fonts option disabled, I cannot read object and material name wrote with character different from Latin. If you will solve this it's better, but I don't know if it is a luxcore or blender bug.
The source of the problem is how locale is handled by C/C++ in general: it is a global setting so a change in Blender will affect LuxCore too. The reverse it also true: so I can not change the setting inside LuxCore or it would affect and break Blender.

It is also a problem hard to investigate for me because I'm from western country without a non-latin locale (i.e. Russian, Japanese, Chinese, etc.). I'm afraid will leave it as a known bug until someone pop up with a solution.
BBIWY

Post by BBIWY »

Hello @ all,

i found a nasty workaround for this.

I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit and use Blender 2.79b 64bit and BlendLuxCore 2.2 and LuxCore 2.2.

After exporting the project as "text" (render.cfg) i do this:

1. start luxcoreui with

/path/to/./luxcoreui
2. load the

render.cfg
file and start rendering

3. pause the rendering and save the rendering as 1.rsm

4. rename 1.rsm to 1.gz

5. then i do a

gzip -d 1.gz
6. now i open the extracted file:

ghex 1
7. then i substitute the relevant "," with "." and save the file

8. then

gzip 1 -S .rsm
9. and at last

/path/to/./luxcoreui -o /tmp/Untitled_LuxCore/00001/1.rsm -w 1920 -e 1080
it works for me! :roll: :D
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

BBIWY wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:10 pm I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit and use Blender 2.79b 64bit and BlendLuxCore 2.2 and LuxCore 2.2.
You are using a very old version of LuxCore (and Ubuntu). This type of problems should have been addressed in the latest version (but they may not work on your old Ubuntu).
BBIWY

Post by BBIWY »

I know this topic, my OS and (Blend)LuxCore versions are old. My Computer is old and because of glibc newer (Blend)LuxCore versions don't work anymore, and the Blender version has to be compatible. Just wanted to help someone who ran into the same problem, cause i read about people having the same problem with newer (Blend)LuxCore versions. And this program is nonsense without the possibility to resume rendering. I wonder why this thread isn't closed or marked as solved.

Btw how can i delete my account, if i want to? Found no option for that!

Greetings :mrgreen:
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

BBIWY wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:30 pm Btw how can i delete my account, if i want to? Found no option for that!
Uh ? Not sure, the forum software is a plain phpBB: https://www.phpbb.com/