Need help to help (add blender node inside BlendLuxcore)

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
CG Thoughts

Need help to help (add blender node inside BlendLuxcore)

Post by CG Thoughts »

Hello,
I'm Rudy and I'm a full time Blender add-on developer. I made a modeling and procedural texturing add-on. I'm frustrated because I can't remake my texture inside LuxCore (I need to bake all the scene)...and I love LuxCore result, because I'm a realistic render addict.
I would like to know if I can help you to add Blender nodes into LuxCore Blender add-on.
My question is : Could someone explain me how to do it? How the add-on is built. Taking a project on the road is not easy. If you could help me at the beginning it would be nice, I will save time.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Re: Need help to help (add blender node inside BlendLuxcore)

Post by TAO »

I think the best source you can find about blendluxcore is GitHub, as a developer I know it's hard to jump into a big code without good documentation or explanation but at the moment we have a problem with human resources and there is no one to give you a big heads up into it but I believe if you check the blendluxcore source you will get the idea and you can ask for help in forums for specific solutions or helps, of course, you need to be patient a little bit because as I already mention that we are low on resources in any kind.
Odilkhan Yakubov

Re: Need help to help (add blender node inside BlendLuxcore)

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov »

Exactly! I agree with Omid. We have not exact source or doc for what and how are we can expand or add more commits into BlendLuxCore source code with our low-level programming skills without Simon for example. Me is self-taught employer I guess ))