Mapping of Blender node: Standalone and Blender Difference

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Mapping of Blender node: Standalone and Blender Difference

Post by FarbigeWelt »

From my point of view BlendLuxCore implemented material node "Blender Blend" wrongly. It was very contra intuitive to setup the rainbow colored ring correctly with BlendLuxCore. LuxCore standalone renders the mapping differently and I guess the correct way.

Please have a look at the pictures and check it with the scene attached. Thank you.
Rainbow Blender
Rainbow Blender
Rainbow Standalone
Rainbow Standalone
Rainbow.zip
Rainbow
(357.72 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Mapping of Blender node: Standalone and Blender Difference

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Hm, apart from different names, the scene properties are exactly the same, so it doesn't seem to be a FILESAVER bug.

By the way, I think the BlendLuxCore result is correct, because you have selected "quadratic sphere" as progression type.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:57 am Hm, apart from different names, the scene properties are exactly the same, so it doesn't seem to be a FILESAVER bug.
Goddammit it was the filesaver after all, my Blender debug print also uses props generated by filesaver ...

I fixed the bug.
Theo_Gottwald

Post by Theo_Gottwald »

Attachment and Sample pictures seem not be available any more so the post can be deleted.
Get Blender-Quickbuttons and configure over 100 Blender-Buttons individual to your needs.
Visit my YouTube-Channel: Theo's Fun Videos and watch several Blender related Videos.
Join @Dreamstime and sell your Renderings to the world.