Su2Lux continuation?

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
TomaszDrgas

Su2Lux continuation?

Post by TomaszDrgas »

I know it is not technically question about LuxCoreRender, but after moving all the sites I can not find out where did the Su2Lux forum go..

Old plugin was long not updated.. now forum about it disappeared (or was moved though not here).. Just curious if there is a plan for it to be continued? Or maybe somebody knows other way around to work with sketchup and new LCR..

Tomasz
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Su2Lux continuation?

Post by Dade »

TomaszDrgas wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:11 am I know it is not technically question about LuxCoreRender, but after moving all the sites I can not find out where did the Su2Lux forum go..

Old plugin was long not updated.. now forum about it disappeared (or was moved though not here).. Just curious if there is a plan for it to be continued?
It is up to some voluntary developer to step forward and write a new exporter. We have no plan to support Sketchup, at the moment, only because the lack of people/time/specific know-how.

If you are interested, you could open a post in some well know Sketchup forum about the topic, just to try to find some developer interested (but, indeed, it may be hard).
TomaszDrgas wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:11 am Or maybe somebody knows other way around to work with sketchup and new LCR..
I think the best solution at the moment is to use Sketchup (SKP) importer (or something similar): https://blenderartists.org/forum/showth ... )-importer

To import the scene in Blender and use BlenderLuxCore for the rendering.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties