Comparing lighting between blendluxcore 2.61 and 2.5

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Luximage

Comparing lighting between blendluxcore 2.61 and 2.5

Post by Luximage »

In a simple scene: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dsdzi2 ... sp=sharing with hdr lighting blendluxcore 2.61(blender 3.0.1) produces much darker result from version 2.5(blender 2.83.19).The 2.5 version produces the same lighting intensity result as cycles does.

I went further and tested other lighting conditions with area light, point light and simple diffuse environment light, in all the tests version 2.61
produced darker results than version 2.5 .
The images below are the results with the hdr lighting. (windows 10, nvidia card)
hdr blendluxcore 2.61.jpg
hdr blendluxcore 2.5.jpg
hdr cycles.jpg
Luximage

Re: Comparing lighting between blendluxcore 2.61 and 2.5

Post by Luximage »

It is the same scene so all the settings are the same , so why the big difference in lighting exposure between version 2.61 and 2.5?
Is it something that handles the lighting intensity that has changed between the two versions or there is something going on with disney material?
As i said in every lighting condition i used blendluxcore version 2.61 produces darker result compared to 2.5 and rendering the scene in cycles the result is the same with version 2.5 as far as lighting intensity.
Has anyone tried the scene or noticed something similar?
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

I think it's about Filmic.
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
http://dezigner.tilda.ws/
Luximage

Post by Luximage »

Dez the filmic settings are the same i don't think this is the reason.
I made another test and it seems disney material behaves differently between blendluxcore versions 2.61 and 2.5, while the glossy material gives the same result to both versions.
The scene is light up with a hdr.

benchscene 2.61 disney.jpg
benchscene 2.5 disney.jpg
benchscene 2.61 & 2.5 glossy.jpg

Maybe it is those changes in version 2.6:
Disney glossiness evaluation (for PGI, Albedo AOV, etc.) now checks metal and specular parameters
Disney glossiness evaluation uses now the square root of the value to align with the roughness of Glossy2, Metal, etc.
Fixed a bug in Disney material causing bright edges

or the integration of OpenColorIO v2.0