OpenCL driver API error

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
CAZ

OpenCL driver API error

Post by CAZ »

Hello the Luxcore Community,

I was running Blender 2.93.7 with Luxcore Render 2.6 installed and it worked fine until I installed today Blender 2.93.8. After the install, I launched Blender and opened a file I was working on with Luxcore as render engine.
When I launched the render I received this message :

"Error: / OpenCL driver API error (code: -30, file:/Users/runner/work/1/s/src/luxrays/utils/ocl.cpp, line: 371): CL_Invalid_Value

Can someone help me to understand what is it and how to fix it ?

I'm running Blender and Luxcore on an IMac Pro 02/2020 with a graphic card "AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64X 16 Go".

Many thanks for your help,
Best,

Pino
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2022-02-15 à 10.20.12.png
CAZ

Re: OpenCL driver API error

Post by CAZ »

I've noticed, after the software update that the Luxcore Render Plugin preferences switch back to GPU for Film Device.

So, before working on any file after an update (at least MAC users), its good to check out your Luxcore AddOn setup before.
For me, the GPU API read an OPENCL graphic card and referenced in the line below "Film Device".
Turn the Film Device to CPU instead to remove the error message and get back the caustics in your render.
I hope my non programming language may help any Mac user somewhere else.
Best,
Pino
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2022-02-15 à 11.28.11.png