Photoreal Pantheon Project

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
nigma46

Photoreal Pantheon Project

Post by nigma46 »

We are building a photoreal quality Pantheon that seeks to be historically accurate but also enjoyable to explore for those interested. Looking for people that want to help out with the project and also people that would like to experience the building through modern virtual reality headsets and other options (like a full walking simulator in UE4/5). I am aware of other projects but this one is attempting to build what people want.

A general model has been built, but it is currently not 100% complete and lacks textures. I recently rendered some 360 degree panoramas, which can be viewed here: https://roundme.com/tour/666920/edit/2113151

What do you think would be of value for this project, some of my ideas are:

-Interactive simulation, e.g. change the sun position, experiment with the Pantheon as a sundial idea
-Time travel mode, where you can experience the Pantheon how it looked at various times in history.
-Interactive comment system where the public/academics can suggest improvements or historical inaccuracies

Looking forward to feedback and suggestions.

twitter: https://twitter.com/PantheonTM
Artstation: https://nigma46.artstation.com
Image0038_pregamma_1_drago_bias_0.85_postsaturation_1_postgamma_1.jpg
Image0029_pregamma_1_mai__postsaturation_1_postgamma_1.jpg
Image0028_pregamma_1_drago_bias_0.85_postsaturation_1_postgamma_1.jpg
Image0027_pregamma_1_vanhateren_pupil_area_42_postsaturation_1_postgamma_1.jpg
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Re: Photoreal Pantheon Project

Post by epilectrolytics »

Great project and promising start.
I wonder if historical pantheons really had a hole at the top because rain would get inside?
nigma46

Post by nigma46 »

Thanks.

Yes, they did, there are drain holes at the bottom directly below the oculus.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Very nice project, Great job.
looking forward to seeing more of it.
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Same thought as previously mentioned: Interactive historical model is very nice idea and from the looks it's a great start!
For an interaction about this sort of models I'd find it very compelling when construction and building process take place also showing a community evolving, developing and alongside displaying a timeline to easier put spectators view into perspective.
Anyway, you have a plan well laid out so it will be quite interesting to see it evolve.
All good.
nigma46

Post by nigma46 »

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I do feel the project has a lot of potential. If the balls keeps rolling it could become the worlds first ancient world metaverse, imagine that!

Could you elaborate on your comment? I'm not sure what you mean when you said: "I'd find it very compelling when construction and building process take place also showing a community evolving, developing and alongside displaying a timeline to easier put spectators view into perspective."
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

nigma46 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:07 am Hi, thanks for the feedback. I do feel the project has a lot of potential. If the balls keeps rolling it could become the worlds first ancient world metaverse, imagine that!

Could you elaborate on your comment? I'm not sure what you mean when you said: "I'd find it very compelling when construction and building process take place also showing a community evolving, developing and alongside displaying a timeline to easier put spectators view into perspective."
What I meant is about attraction having greater impact when interactivity as in game-play or walk-through gets fused or complemented with a story-telling, a narrative. Specifically for this case, sliding the timeline would show stages of building process and society involved.
nigma46

Post by nigma46 »

Yes, a timeline like feature would really be great.
nigma46

Post by nigma46 »

Capital details
Attachments
Capital details
Capital details
jorari71

Post by jorari71 »

Hi!
Didn't you get done with it?