Shader ball

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
Egert_Kanep

Shader ball

Post by Egert_Kanep »

Is LuxCore shader ball available for download somewhere? I want to make procedural materials and render them on shader ball.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Shader ball

Post by Dade »

Egert_Kanep wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:42 am Is LuxCore shader ball available for download somewhere? I want to make procedural materials and render them on shader ball.
The complete scene is not available for the new BlendLuxCore but you can download all the .ply geometries from here: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... rk-LuxBall

They can be easily imported in Blender.

P.S. click on each .ply file than click the download button.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

Thank you!
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Egert_Kanep wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:42 am Is LuxCore shader ball available for download somewhere? I want to make procedural materials and render them on shader ball.
B.Y.O.B. posted his ball :lol:
here >>> Thread: first steps on luxcore

luxball_luxcore.jpg
luxball_luxcore.jpg (23.23 KiB) Viewed 8379 times
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Hi

When using B.Y.O.B's Shader Ball and I turn the Tonemapper/Autobrightness OFF in the camera settings, then I have to turn the Default Light Group gain down to .001 to get the what appears to me to be the same result as if the Tonemapper/Autobrightness was ON. Is that correct.

Thanks
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Yes. Why wouldn't it be?

By the way, it's not "my" ball, it was made by Rhys, I just reposted it.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Hi B.Y.O.B

Thank you for the clarification on the light values - which means that I need to learn a lot more about how it all works. To be honest, that is what I suspected.

Sorry for miss-quote on Ball, I just presumed it was yours from someone else's post.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Racleborg wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:56 pm Thank you for the clarification on the light values - which means that I need to learn a lot more about how it all works. To be honest, that is what I suspected.
It's all just multiplication.
Light brightness (gain, or power, or efficacy) is multiplied with the light color/texture. This value is sent into the scene, bounces around and "hits" the film.
The film now has some value.
The tonemapper takes the raw film value and multiplies it with the scale value. In the case of the automatic tonemapper, the average pixel brightness is calculated and a scale value is chosen that results in final pixel values somewhere around 1, because that is what most image viewers expect.

The light group scale acts a bit like the tonemapper (scaling pixel brightness, not emitted brightness in the scene).

In the end, it's a big chain of multiplications. Multiplication is commutative, so it does not matter if you change the light multiplier, the light group multiplier, or the tonemapper multiplier.
Racleborg wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:56 pm Sorry for miss-quote on Ball, I just presumed it was yours from someone else's post.
No problem, I just wanted to clarify.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

B.Y.O.B

Thank you for your explanation, which is really helpful to me.
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:16 pm
Racleborg wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:56 pm Sorry for miss-quote on Ball, I just presumed it was yours from someone else's post.
No problem, I just wanted to clarify.
My bad
... "And that's how an attempt of a dirty joke can go sour."
:cry: apology for misleading