Jewelry metal and dispersion Render Engine Comparisons | Luxcore vs Cycles vs Octane vs Prorender

Links and discussions related to tutorials, tips and tricks.
AndreasResch

Re: Jewelry metal and dispersion Render Engine Comparisons | Luxcore vs Cycles vs Octane vs Prorender

Post by AndreasResch »

I tried to find the addon, both without being logged in to the OTOY site as well as while being logged in. But they do a great job at hiding what people want to find. They put commercial links next to free links and on top of that there are a ton of different versions. It seems as if they don't want people to find the free addon. And so I just gave up. Thanks anyway.
djtutorials

Re: Jewelry metal and dispersion Render Engine Comparisons | Luxcore vs Cycles vs Octane vs Prorender

Post by djtutorials »

I will be doing a series on Octane on my channel so if you subscribe I can help you navigate.
patro

Post by patro »

Well, from the showcase I definitely can say that cycles and pro render are good for Preview, the diamond on top looked like a piece of glass.
Octane has brilliant dispersion with a unreal :?: green emerald spot inside. Octane seams somehow to contrast more the glass material, creating the sensation of more brilliance.

Luxcore is perfect.. I'm sure if you share the scene, the guys here can make it render like octane.
joyasrohrbach
Donor
Donor

Post by joyasrohrbach »

I have been making tutorials for jewellery rendering using Cycles, Luxcore and Octane, for years...
This one is more recent and specific to setting Luxcore for a ring rendering
https://youtu.be/H7dsWONZh_A

Yes, Luxcore is better than any render engine available when jewellery is concerned. Not even Octane is as good and as fast.
And I said that a long time ago. Cycles is cool, but dispersion is still always tricked.

PS: It's funny how this Luxcore community seems to want to ignore or avoid to recognize that I was one of the first to present the usage of Luxcore to a wider audience for jewellery rendering (and also Blender for that matter)... And it's also funny that the systems seems to keep ignoring that I am a donor to both Blender and Luxcore. Now don't take that too much on the complain side, my work has been featured many times, it is just that every week somebody reminds me that I probably deserve a lot more credit than I get.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

joyasrohrbach wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:16 pm PS: It's funny how this Luxcore community seems to want to ignore or avoid to recognize that I was one of the first to present the usage of Luxcore to a wider audience for jewellery rendering (and also Blender for that matter)... And it's also funny that the systems seems to keep ignoring that I am a donor to both Blender and Luxcore.
You should careful read the "Donor rank access" section here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=316#p8695

Have you asked for Donor rank ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties