MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
patro

Re: MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Post by patro »

TAO wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:52 pm can you download LuxMark and try to do a stress check for a while and see if you get any errors?
the stress test cpu-gpu is running since a while already 12 minutes the luxball scene and now i have running the neumann micro test scene and not a single error.
So i have no idea what might cause this mat editor instability.
I have installed only vray latest build
i also did unintall arnold :?: which might can cause some problem now?
patro

Post by patro »

TAO wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:48 pm
patro wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:43 pm
TAO wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:26 pm I can not see any issues with the cloth shader?
Loading, saving, colors, textures all fine except the preset that need a fix but no crash at all.
I need a better explanation to reproduce the issue also a debug scene can help.
here is a sample scene with 4k texture and 1000x750 pixel for render size, with almost 1500 pass render, using PathCpu as the engine. save and load render and other things work perfectly.
Screenshot 2021-03-20 182528.jpg
Renderes it renders fine.. I said if you try to edit the texture, then max crashes.
Capture.jpg
test lux cloth.zip
If you open the mat editor, get into the map for the cloth mat, then try to go up to parent, see highlighte ui icon
it's not about the plugin. i still can not reproduce the issue!!!
Are you sure it is not a bug inside your pc, 3dsmax, or any plugin you have?
Screenshot 2021-03-20 224521.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-20 224547.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-20 224604.jpg
I see you have the lux cloth mat in the first slot, may I ask you if the texture in the slots are copy or istances?
because i tried by recreating twice the material luxcloth from scratch. One has instanced maps, the other copy of the same map.
the one with copied maps works fine, but the one with the instanced maps crashes max when trying to get back to parent.
patro

Post by patro »

What about the LuxTeapot as material showcase for 3ds max?
edited: If you like then grab it by downloading both zip, and merge it eventually with the luxball scene
luxTeapot.jpg
Edited: 3ds max scene removed
Last edited by patro on Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Nice, that's a good idea I'll add it as a sample scene. can you make it smaller in size 28MB is a bit high. Also, is better to save it as a 2019 version.
patro

Post by patro »

TAO wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:21 pm Nice, that's a good idea I'll add it as a sample scene. can you make it smaller in size 28MB is a bit high. Also, is better to save it as a 2019 version.
If so I'll try to rebuild it.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

patro wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:05 pm
TAO wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:21 pm Nice, that's a good idea I'll add it as a sample scene. can you make it smaller in size 28MB is a bit high? Also, is better to save it as a 2019 version.
First, check why is getting a little bit big. maybe is about the high poly model.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

if you have enough time we can create an object set like what sharlybg did for the LOL project for the blender. it is a bit time-consuming and of course not easy but can be fun.
just an idea.
patro

Post by patro »

TAO wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:35 pm
patro wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:05 pm
TAO wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:21 pm Nice, that's a good idea I'll add it as a sample scene. can you make it smaller in size 28MB is a bit high? Also, is better to save it as a 2019 version.
First, check why is getting a little bit big. maybe is about the high poly model.
Try this one. I rebuilt it from scratch. The pot body is the only body objects in the scene,. I tried different mesh setting on export with the side effect that the holes fillet get messed up, and the reflections are even worse. "related to the cut edge problem we discussed in another topic"
In the scene there is a 3ds "max teapot non glass use" layer, it is conviente for non glass rendering use, it has the body off. low poly, no thickeness
For glass, better to turn off this teapot and turn on the layer "for glass use", there is a handle, a lid and spout which have thickness.
I added text, MaxToLux and LuxCoreRemder, it was low poly with thickmess, now it's just a plane surface.
Teapot_soup, is the inner of the teapot, it is centered, right now scale is 97% for liquid simulation just scale to 101% to get overlapping.
Luxpot marble.jpg
test.jpg
PS: I have removed the earlier posted LuxTeapot scene

EDITED:
I will update this scene later when the new build will be released, which will support body objects.
Attachments
LUxTeapot.zip
(3.35 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
Last edited by patro on Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
patro

Post by patro »

TAO wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:39 pm if you have enough time we can create an object set like what sharlybg did for the LOL project for the blender. it is a bit time-consuming and of course not easy but can be fun.
just an idea.
I'm going to answer by PM
Ericka

Post by Ericka »

It is nice to have as more sample as possibles.