LuxCoreRender v2.5rc1

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.
Dade
Developer
Developer

LuxCoreRender v2.5rc1

Post by Dade »

Downloads:

Standalone: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... er_v2.5rc1
Blender Addon: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... re_v2.5rc1

Changelog:

https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/LuxCoreR ... Notes_v2.5

LuxCore

New Features since v2.5beta1
  • Removed the cap to opencl.task.count parameter
Fixed Bugs since v2.5beta1
  • Fixed a crash when using Subdivision shape with vertex colors (issue #469)
  • Fixed a possible crash when using multiple GPUs with PhotonGI
  • Fixed a deadlock when using multiple renders at the same time in Blender (issue #575)
  • Fixed a bug in the support for material .bumpsamplingdistance property
  • Fixed a discrepancy in reflected area lights on glossy surfaces between CPU and GPU rendering when light tracing is enabled (issue #470)
  • Avoid to return CUDA_ERROR_NO_DEVICE error if CUDA is installed but there are no NVIDIA GPUs installed
  • Fixed compilation when CUDA is disabled but OpenCL is still enabled
  • Now disabling CUDA for any error during the cuInit() like when an external GPU is unplugged (issue #493)
  • Compiling the code with LUXCORE_DISABLE_OIDN defined will disable Intel OIDN (for platforms where it is not available like Apple M1)
  • Fixed halt condition rendering stop code when using both eye and light tracing parameters (issue #497)
  • Change sphere light implementation to provide an alternative to the point light fallback (issue #443)
  • Fixed a compiler error when running with CUDA on Ampere GPUs (issue BlendLuxCore#626)
  • Fixed a crash when using an image pipeline with only NOP plugin
  • CPU code now rejects NaN/Inf sample values for AOVs like GPU code
  • Avoid to generate NaN volume transmittance if the segment is infinite
BlendLuxCore

New Features since v2.5beta1
  • Expose bump sampling distance because it requires adjustment in some rare cases (e.g. in very large or very small scenes, when procedural textures with extreme frequencies of detail are used)
  • Add notes to tooltips that caches are only used during final render
  • Show warning if a material combines volumes with opacity < 1, as this can lead to artifacts
  • Add support for hiding planar edges in wireframe node
  • Add slower fallback for custom normals if they aren't supported through C++ for a Blender version (a warning is shown if this adds more than 0.3 seconds to the export time of a mesh, so the user can disable custom normals for the mesh if they are not needed and drive up export time too much)
  • Pixel filtering is now disabled by default, and forced disabled if light tracing is used together with denoising
  • Make it possible to specify custom values for n and k in the Fresnel texture
  • A maximum for light path samples to render can now be set in the halt condition settings
  • Add support for uvrandommapping2d
  • Add support for localrandommapping3d
Fixed Bugs since v2.5beta1
  • Fix crash on trying to replace a pinned node tree
  • Fix no viewport update being triggered when toggling the advanced options of velvet material
  • Fix dimension, lacunarity, octaves and intensity parameters of musgrave texture not working
  • Fix noise depth not working in blender marble texture
  • Fix RGB color and temperature not working for sun light and its sub-types (sun, distant, hemi)
  • Ensure that noisedepth aka oct is in range 0..25 to avoid visual artifacts
  • Fix a panel being shown even when the renderengine is not LuxCore
  • Implement a workaround for viewport sessions not being deleted after viewport window resize or render configuration change, which led to a memory leak
  • Fix regression in material preview
  • Fix viewport render session not being stopped correctly in some cases
  • LOL: Fix problem of material assets if material name doesn't match asset name
  • LOL: Fix error happening when dragging asset from assetbar into the scene in Blender 2.91+ due to changes in the Blender API
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
u3dreal
Developer
Developer

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.5rc1

Post by u3dreal »

Great !
check out my newest stuff http://q3de.com/research/
portfolio http://q3de.com/

MB Pro i7 2.3Ghz, IrisPro 1.5GB, GTX750m 2GB - BigSur
Xeon X5650@4Ghz, RX 5700 - BigSur , Windows 10, Ubuntu 20.04
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

great job. is this stable or i should stay for the final version before update the MaxToLux Plugin.
johannes.wilde

Post by johannes.wilde »

Cool. Thanks!
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

TAO wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:51 am great job. is this stable or i should stay for the final version before update the MaxToLux Plugin.
It is likely to be the v2.5 if nothing new come out.
Harvester
Donor
Donor

Post by Harvester »

Thank you for this Release Candidate. Published on Blender Italia, in the News section.
MetinSeven

Post by MetinSeven »

Cool, thanks!

I hope (Blend)LuxCore will soon be compatible with 2.93 Alpha's new Python version. I know I can't expect Blender Alpha support, but just praying to the render gods. :)

I love using the latest Blender Alpha features, and having to maintain a second Blender version for rendering is as inconvenient as having to install a separate Blender build for Octane. All other add-ons need to be installed for both Blender versions as well, to minimize the differences.

Usually BlendLuxCore works fine in alpha versions, but the Python update has broken compatibility.
visualizer • illustrator • animator • 3D designer — metinseven.nl
acasta69
Developer
Developer

Post by acasta69 »

MetinSeven wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:04 am Usually BlendLuxCore works fine in alpha versions, but the Python update has broken compatibility.
I could set up automated Windows builds for both Python versions. We already did that in the past, when Blender switched from Python 3.5 to 3.7, but alpha versions were not supported, it was when Blender 2.80 was released.
Should there be some change in 2.93 alpha that makes BlendLuxCore incompatible at Blender API level, however, I don't know if it will be possible to actively support that too.

Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v445.87
MetinSeven

Post by MetinSeven »

Thanks!

I've got little knowledge of coding / scripting, but I believe the only thing that's necessary is compiling LuxCore (and BlendLuxCore?) with the same new Python version.
visualizer • illustrator • animator • 3D designer — metinseven.nl
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

well, python39 builds are broken on latest Blender 2.93 alphas
and I think a separate branch of BlendLuxCore is needed to conform to changes -
so, if anyone is seeking adventure... 8-)

btw, good work on the release candidate