Help with studio setup and packshot

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
JulianoLisboa

Help with studio setup and packshot

Post by JulianoLisboa »

Hello dear friends, I am actively using luxcore in my work, I am a packaging designer and I do a lot of product shots. I used the 3ds Max and Corona for many years for that. Since I switched to Blender I am very happy, but I have always been looking for a renderer that has real caustics, so I found the luxcore.

Well, I don't speak the English language (I'm Brazilian and I only use the Google translator), so what I learn from Luxcore is much more in observation than understanding the concept, and for video tutorials on Youtube I'm having a lot of difficulties.

I would like help from friends here in studio and packshot scenes like these that I will post. I would like to speed up the rendering time to the maximum without losing quality. I have found my renders blurred after using Denoise, I have already used OIDIN and now I have tested AI Super denoise 2.6.

I don't quite understand the render settings or caches, I don't know when to use one or the other.

My configuration is Intel 8700, GPU 980 GTX 32gb RAM, I'm using blender 2.91 and Luxcore 2.5

I am so grateful for everyone's help and patience.

Hugs

P.S. I will send the images and files, first the image made in cycles and then in luxcore and then the blend file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iSXkr5 ... sp=sharing
Attachments
beer_cycles.jpg
sempudor_luxcore_9_30s.jpg
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Help with studio setup and packshot

Post by Sharlybg »

Aside from clamping (150) and aggressive adaptive sampling (0.95/8/8) + higher refresh interval. I don't think there is alot to get. maybe reduce your specular and glossy deph(this can cut some nice internal reflection inside the glass cup).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

Hello friends, following Sharlybg's tips, I made some adjustments, but I went to fix the drops and now I get this error from MatrixInvert and it doesn't render anything. What can I do to fix it?
Attachments
bottle.jpeg
error_matrixinvert.jpeg
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

JulianoLisboa wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:47 pm Hello friends, following Sharlybg's tips, I made some adjustments, but I went to fix the drops and now I get this error from MatrixInvert and it doesn't render anything. What can I do to fix it?
"Matrix invert" is an error you may get when the "Up" direction (aka vector) and the looking direction are exactly the same, there may be something wrong in the camera you are using.
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

I deleted the camera, created another one and the same error happens.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

JulianoLisboa wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:05 pm I deleted the camera, created another one and the same error happens.
It may be also the matrix transformation of some object set to some odd value (like a 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 scale).
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

Dear Dade, sometimes the language is a little confusing for me, I'm not a developer. I'm just a user. Could you facilitate the answer please?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

JulianoLisboa wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:17 pm Dear Dade, sometimes the language is a little confusing for me, I'm not a developer. I'm just a user. Could you facilitate the answer please?
Can you post the scene giving the error ?
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

Dade wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:43 am
JulianoLisboa wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:17 pm Dear Dade, sometimes the language is a little confusing for me, I'm not a developer. I'm just a user. Could you facilitate the answer please?
Can you post the scene giving the error ?
follow the link to download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EjRRZG ... sp=sharing
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Here's a quickie...
There were few more issues in the scene. Study changes by comparing ;)
And I'd still want to resolve couple of things, but got other priorities.

Do good & Be well.
vopidobrazil.jpg
vopidobrazil.blend (54.3 MB @ wetransfer)