LuxCoreRender v2.0beta2 released

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.
Odilkhan Yakubov

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.0beta2 released

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov »

Mean?
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:05 pm Im still confused. The same scene rendered with same time. What is the difference?
Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:29 pmMean?
MEAN :?:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Odilkhan Yakubov

Ok. I see. But, what is different between Corona speed and Luxcore speed? Why Corona fast so far than Luxcore? Any implementation is out for Luxcore too?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:49 pm Ok. I see. But, what is different between Corona speed and Luxcore speed? Why Corona fast so far than Luxcore? Any implementation is out for Luxcore too?
Corona will destroy LuxCore in more interior renders (because of light cache) and LuxCore will destroy Corona in most outdoor render for the simple fact that LuxCore will run 10 times faster on average in pure term of brute force thanks to GPU support. Add the fact that LuxCore is free while Corona is not and you have already 2 not so small differences.
Odilkhan Yakubov

So, if LuxCore implement the UHDCache (aka Light Cache) then it will probably destroy or will be the samw as Corona, am I right? :P
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:37 pm So, if LuxCore implement the UHDCache (aka Light Cache) then it will probably destroy or will be the samw as Corona, am I right? :P
The solution for light cache I have in mind is a bit less sophisticate than Corona one but it is less sophisticate to make possible a GPU implementation. So the outcome should be in favor of LuxCore. Especially if you have a Titan V :mrgreen:

Corona's UHDCache is really a good solution with on-line training, small memory footprint, etc. but if you run 5-10 times faster in term of brute force, you have a very good head start ;)
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

The solution for light cache I have in mind is a bit less sophisticate than Corona one but it is less sophisticate to make possible a GPU implementation. So the outcome should be in favor of LuxCore. Especially if you have a Titan V :mrgreen:

Corona's UHDCache is really a good solution with on-line training, small memory footprint, etc. but if you run 5-10 times faster in term of brute force, you have a very good head start
Very good to now GPU will benefit from this ultimate feature. I've two questions.

1/ will Luxcore LC available in bidir mod ?

2/want to understand what corona call online training is it some pre comput thing on a remote A.I computer that require internet ?

B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Sharlybg wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:48 am 2/want to understand what corona call online training is it some pre comput thing on a remote A.I computer that require internet ?
"Online" in rendering terms usually means "during the rendering" or "in realtime" (e.g. any OpenGL renderer is called an "online renderer", while non-realtime renderers like LuxCore usually are called "offline renderer").
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:32 am
Sharlybg wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:48 am 2/want to understand what corona call online training is it some pre comput thing on a remote A.I computer that require internet ?
"Online" in rendering terms usually means "during the rendering" or "in realtime" (e.g. any OpenGL renderer is called an "online renderer", while non-realtime renderers like LuxCore usually are called "offline renderer").
Aah ah we will never finish to learn and it is so pleasant :D thanks very much.

Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Yes, it can be used with BiDir (with some additional work).
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:32 am
Yes, Corona builds the light cache during the rendering with only a very little pre-processing phase.