Lux it! RenderFarm (analogue of Sheepit for Luxcore)

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
Dez!

Re: Lux it! RenderFarm (analogue of Sheepit for Luxcore)

Post by Dez! »

It will be possible to safely create animation projects where each frame takes 10 minutes, and 30, even more.
It will become a reality.
High-quality overview animation of the interior? Oh sure.
Bidir's most beautiful animation light? Yes.
A complex 9K image? Yes.

Any task - yes.

This is an important moment in the history of Luxcore. It's a fireworks opening!
We wouldn't miss him.
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
http://dezigner.tilda.ws/
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

the principle of operation of the distributed computing render farm itself:
This is very similar to torrent download. But instead of distributing files, each computer gives away a piece of its power. The key word here is particle.
You should not completely allocate all the resources of your computer, how will you use it then?
Let's look at the most classic version of a regular computer / laptop: a regular CPU with 4-6 cores and some one GPU.
In order for the farm to work and you can use such a computer, it is worth highlighting only the CPU. And only 1-2 cores.
Let's be honest, these 1-2 cores are idle all the time and you will not notice their load. But if you provide a video card for the farm, and you have one, then your computer will slow down 100%.
You can turn on the schedule, and choose that your computer would use all the CPU cores at night and connect to the GPU.
You can set in the schedule that in the morning your computer would stop rendering for the farm at all. And at night he was back in work.
Thus, your computer will accumulate points all the time without interfering with your work.

In return, you will be able to make projects that exceed the capabilities of your computer.
There are no limitations to make animations with a very long rendering time for each frame.

The only limits are your earned points in advance.
You can't buy them. They can only be rendered in advance.

It looks like a Ghz bank. You gradually add the power of the computer, free from needs, there. Some interest is added to you (like in banks) and then you can spend everything.

We need your comments to make it start to be.
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

A long time ago, when Luxcore 2.0 first came out, when this farm was running, I rendered a mind-blowing 360-degree frame for VR in 8K resolution on it. And everything worked out!
The work involved 20 computers, active users at that time. There were trees, grass, buildings, lights in the frame.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

That is really awesome with your last explanation i completly understand the concept.
+ 1000
Thanks this great. That need a Video tutorial to
Help newbie.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

Found another example of this farm.
38 renders in 4K resolution, in a few clicks, with only Intel i3 + Nvidia 740M
https://i.imgur.com/AssnHnR.png
trmosala

Post by trmosala »

This sounds exciting. I've often got my second GPU sitting idle most of the day.
+1 from me!
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Sounds great. +100
Depending on how my next system update runs I may be able to share an intel core i7 with all cores most of the time and here and there one or two gpu amd radeon 5700 xt.

The only thing I have to think about is the energy need of this computing power. In Switzerland we pay about 30 cents per kWh (€ cents).
95 W running 24/7 costs about 69 cents per day and 20.50 €/month. I can do that for sure but have to reduce LuxCoreRender - BlendLuxCore developers monthly bounty. I guess I am not the only user thinking like that.

Somehow I‘d like to run the system for this attractive computing power sharing project on solar energy, or wind. Maybe if there are many joining the rendering network and one could talk to companies running sustainable power stations to get an attractive price per (green) kWh.

Any one else interested in an approach like that?
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

95 watts working around the clock - what kind of equipment are we talking about? What is consuming this amount of energy?

We will compare the cost of work.
20 Euro - this is the cost of rendering Cycles, 500 samples, 500 frames, on a very cheap rendering farm.
Monthly work around the clock 4 cores Ryzen 5 1600 accumulates so many points that allows you to render 30000 frames.

I have added to the list of farm features:

Encrypted. Protecting the privacy of projects
Automatic saving of finished renders. (When starting the task, the save path is specified)
Render node blocking blacklists
Render node favorites whitelisting
Private projects for rendering only with your own render nodes
Schedule of work of a node and work of devices
When starting a project, you can specify the minimum performance of a render node that will have access to work on the project (minimum number of GHz, RAM, CPU cores and GPU availability)
Tiles. No Denoise artifacts. For statics and animation.
The “start minimized to tray” setting
trmosala

Post by trmosala »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:45 pm The only thing I have to think about is the energy need of this computing power. In Switzerland we pay about 30 cents per kWh (€ cents).
95 W running 24/7 costs about 69 cents per day and 20.50 €/month.
Good Lord energy is expensive there. I spend R600 (25€) a month on energy here in South Africa, for my entire apartment.
If leaving my machine on 24/7 can give me a couple thousand frames to render I think it should be a net positive for me.
I'm happy to have my machine available for the LuxCore community.
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

I spend 250 kWh per month at a cost of $ 10