sheen and sheen tint

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: sheen and sheen tint

Post by Dade »

lacilaci wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:09 am By the way, this has to be updated in blender, right now to go beyond 1 for sheen you have to use another node (constant value, math etc...)
Since this doesn't break anything I think it's safe to have it "unlocked" for higher values straight in the disney.
@B.Y.O.B., @Neo :?:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I'll take care of it.

edit: Done, however you'll have to replace old Disney nodes to be able to use the extended range.
zooropa

Post by zooropa »

Hi. I am trying to recreate the carpet in this render:

Would you mind to share the node setups you used for the chair or the towels posted here?

Thank you!
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Velvet or glossy shader with multi bounce enable can give great result for that purpose. :idea:

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
zooropa

Post by zooropa »

Thank you I am at work waiting to return home and try that.
Do you think in the reference I posted there is some kind of fur also? like a subtle bump or displacement...I am not sure if its kind of a short hair or not.

Also I would like to ask you about people try the disney shader to do velvet.

Thanks again
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

zooropa wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:48 am Thank you I am at work waiting to return home and try that.
Do you think in the reference I posted there is some kind of fur also? like a subtle bump or displacement...I am not sure if its kind of a short hair or not.

Also I would like to ask you about people try the disney shader to do velvet.

Thanks again
No hair fur. just shading effect + small displacement to create the large bump on the carpet.

zooropa

Post by zooropa »

Thanks ! What do you mean with the " large bump "

Do you think if I add a small noise in the displacement I could fake like a really short hair?
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

The ground isn't Flat (look like small wave on it).

Do you think if I add a small noise in the displacement I could fake like a really short hair?
You don't need that at all :mrgreen:

TStrolia

Post by TStrolia »

Sharlybg wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:59 pm
The ground isn't Flat (look like small wave on it).

You don't need that at all :mrgreen:
I beg to differ. I don't see a wave at all besides at a micro level. Sure maybe a mm or 2 for the base boards but based on the density and size of the carpet hairs this looks pretty thin, more like a floor covering and less like a carpet. I think what you are probably seeing is the anisotropic rotation of hairs brushed in different directions, like suede leather or velvet. This is why I am constantly asking about anisotropic rotation and how badly we need it in lux because honestly, a bump will not accurately emulate this and even in lux I have run into terminator problems driving an 8k bump map or normal map hard enough to get the anisotropy necessary for this effect that I could get almost entirely with just an anisotropic rotation input. In light of no anisotropic rotation input yet, I think the best bet here is to use a normal map of suede leather brushed in different directions, or just do it practically with a particle sim, but that will ramp up render times a lot... like... a LOT
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

I'm talking about bump at micro level but large scale irregularity. But you say a close look at it doesn't look like displacement or bump at all. It is more like textured surface :
carpet.jpeg