Different Works in Progress

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: Who loves Riddles? 1) How looks the scene behind?

Post by FarbigeWelt »

epilectrolytics wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:25 pm I'm unable to figure out what your set-up is but this high contrast image is some great piece of art!
Thank you much for the compliment!

The idea behind the picture is x-ray crystallography. So, it is actually a 'cube' made from spheres. A beam crosses this cube what leads to the projection and shadow rendering the first two images. The third image, well, I prefer not to tell the how to. :D
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

And now, something completely different ...

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Please, click to view animated Gif.
copy-paste_2s5bit.gif
.................some people cannot resist.............
...........................:lol:...............................
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Boxed LASERs

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Scanning a checker boarded room with red and green L.A.S.E.R.s.
Work is in progress because the render has a few minor, less nice issues.
Enjoy the preview!
Boxed LASERs
Boxed LASERs
Path openCL plus light tracing
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Boxed L.A.S.E.R. scanners RGB

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Amazing how realistic lasers are rendered crossing homogeneous volume and hitting the wall.
I am once overwhelmed by LuxCoreRender's capabilities! :geek:
Boxed L.A.S.E.R. scanners RGB, path openCL with light tracing CPU
Boxed L.A.S.E.R. scanners RGB, path openCL with light tracing CPU
37m38s, 2.56 MPixels, 4114 Samples, 4.7 MSamples per s, 9.1 Rays per Sample
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

L.A.S.E.R.s scanning two transparent Artifacts

Post by FarbigeWelt »

This time, the image is close to the final render. In this version, there is something odd about the lower box made from Null material and homogeneous volume.
L.A.S.E.R.s scanning two transparent Artifacts, path openCL with light tracing CPU,2.56 MPixels, 4096 Samples, 1h30m04s, 3.0 MSamples per s, 13.5 Rays per Sample.png
1h30m04s, 4.00 MPixels, 4096 Samples, 3.0 MSamples per s, 13.5 Rays per Sample
Edited: MPixel, it is (1.25*1600)^2 and not 1600^2.

Does anybody have any ideas what these two, similar but not same in all, artifacts could be :?:
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Red Alert - My first blinking light

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Buzzing-Amorphous-Carbon-Swarm-of-Spheres_red-alert-2.gif
Blinking is based on a quite simple trick. 8-)
Animation Keys do not work for Material nodes ... :arrow: it is a known issue.
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Anisotropic Surfaces from Use of Particles System

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Anisotropic Surfaces
Some weeks ago there has been discussions about naturalism of anisotropic surfaces. As one person mentioned even a simple lawn and a meadow are a true anisotropic surface. I made some easy illustrations with Blender's particles system.
Particle_2.png
Camera.png
Sphere_polygonal, anisotropic surfaces, 524.3 kParticles, column_2.56 MPixel_camera (5)
Sphere_polygonal, anisotropic surfaces, 524.3 kParticles, column_2.56 MPixel_camera (5)
Sphere_polygonal, anisotropic surfaces, 524.3 kParticles, column_2.56 MPixel_camera (9)
Sphere_polygonal, anisotropic surfaces, 524.3 kParticles, column_2.56 MPixel_camera (9)
Sphere_polygonal, anisotropic surfaces, 524.3 kParticles, column_2.56 MPixel_camera (2)
Sphere_polygonal, anisotropic surfaces, 524.3 kParticles, column_2.56 MPixel_camera (2)
GIF > please, c l i c k .. t o .. v i e w animated <
Anisotropic-Surface-Cube-1
Anisotropic-Surface-Cube-1
A simple question remains
How small is the smallest bump leading to visible effects on a smooth sphere of radius 0.5 m?
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Flashing Light Tracing in open scene

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Graphics Interchange Format, please
>- click -<
on image below to see the flashes in animation.
Path-n-Light-Tracing_Pyramid,-Sphere,-Cube-and-Cylinder
Path-n-Light-Tracing_Pyramid,-Sphere,-Cube-and-Cylinder
120 tiny frames of 326 x 183 Pixels rendered in about 24 minutes.
That's only 59.7 kPx what equals 2.88% of an image of, rather soon obsolete, HD TV screen.
Even an Apple Watch 5 with 44 mm case displays with 448 × 368 Px a total 164.9 kPx (RGB).
This again means tiniest 495'000 LED, not to mention their controller circuitry and wiring.

Somewhen 1987 I caught a harmless virus called ray tracing one home computer.
This is how it looked like. { >- click -< to view animation }
The Juggler (Amiga, Commodore) - (c) 1986-11, Eric Graham (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0)<br />Dimension: 320 x 200 | Colors: 4'096 HAM-6<br />Frames: 24 | Type: ANIM-5 + SLA (anim with audio)<br />ANIM version by Walter and Werner Randelshofer
The Juggler (Amiga, Commodore) - (c) 1986-11, Eric Graham (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0)
Dimension: 320 x 200 | Colors: 4'096 HAM-6
Frames: 24 | Type: ANIM-5 + SLA (anim with audio)
ANIM version by Walter and Werner Randelshofer
A special 6 bit mode called HAM (Hold-And-Modify) displayed up to 4096 colors leading to unbeatable image quality in widely used and very common TV screens (NTSC or PAL). In those days the product of vertical and horizontal frequency was about the same for both TV systems. Interlaced flickering half frame frequencies depended on main power's frequency (USA 110 Volts @60 Hz, Europe 220 Volts @50 Hz). Progressive resolution was in the USA 320*200 Px, in Europe 320*256 Px.

Interlaced maximum resolution was visible on good CRT PAL monitors with up to 704*576 Px (overs-can mode). This equals 20.275 MPx/s, 101.375 Mbit/s respectively (32 colors, 5 bit). Given a 16 bit data bus this leads to 6.34 MHz. If compared to system's clock frequency of 7.2 MHz there were some clocks left for other operations on Amiga's own chip set (Paula, Denise, Agnus) than translating x bit color palette to 6 bit RGB for the input of video DAC.

However, 4096 colors would require 12 bit (3x4 bit). Indeed one could always chose from 4096 colors by defining a RGB values, each color channel with a range from 0 to 15, but usually this was limited to 32 colors palette. The 1985/1987 Amigas displayed 32 colors from 4096 simultaneously but there had been some trick to display much more than 32 colors on video screens, although with some more or less annoying limitations.

In HAM mode registers for 12 bit colors was limited to 6 bit for each horizontal line (electron beam's scan line). 2 bits (control) defined one of 4 cases the other 4 bits (data) meant. In one case a color out of 16 was used (hold) in the other three cases two RGB channels got the values from the previous pixel (left sided) and one color channel got a new 4 bit value (modify).
This rather special color mode was historically owned to YUV instead of RGB color space. Controlling YUV (TV, video) HAM made much more sense but RGB had other superior properties for computer graphics.
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

RYGB particles mixing in a tube with some liquid

Post by FarbigeWelt »

There is a very good chance some active people of this forum get a déjà vu like experience watching the short simulation here.
I admit I am a persistent offender circling around topics like a moth incandescent dim light sources. :D
Well, this is a rather unsuitable image actually. I prefer imagine an aware flier reaching new heights spiraling upwards in up lifting air on beautiful blue sky day. :lol:
300 tiny frames rendered on cpu bi-directionally with path depths of 48 bounces/traverses. The current result gets close to my actual imagination. :mrgreen:
Saturation is increased by order of 3.5 in composer. The notable flickering is not a renderer issue it is due to the moving tinted spheres.
BiDir_Mixing-Four-Colors-in-a-Tube_tiny
BiDir_Mixing-Four-Colors-in-a-Tube_tiny
BiDir_Mixing-Four-Colors-in-a-Tube_tiny.gif (4.02 MiB) Viewed 5705 times
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Brave Down Stairs

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Up Stare 3
Up Stare 3
Up Stare 2
Up Stare 2
Up Stare 1
Up Stare 1
Down Stare 1
Down Stare 1
Please, -< c l i c k >- to view animated GIF.
Brave-Down-Stairs
Brave-Down-Stairs
Enjoyed? :lol:
320*256, 300 frames, rendering time per frame ~1m05, path openCL with environment light cache (EnvLC)
Due to persistent EnvLC render on top the scene with this ten stories high staircase shows splotches on lowest levels.
I am not sure if another than default quality setting helps in this particular case.
MacBook Air with M1