What is new in LuxCore API v2.0 ?

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: What is new in LuxCore API v2.0?

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:41 am 1. So, how can I make SSS effect using Random walk method? Any tut for it?
Reposting my description from the luxrender forum:

In Lux, SSS is done in the following way:
You take a material that allows light to shine through it. This can be Null (completely transparent), Glass, Glossytranslucent or Mattetranslucent.
Then you take a volume with scattering support, most of the times you want the Homogeneous volume.
To control the scattered color, I would recommend to use the absorption color. So if you want that white light gets a red tint when scattered in the material, set the absorption color to red.
Remember to also set the absorption depth to the depth where the light should be completely red, e.g. 1 cm.
Leave the scattering color white and use the scattering scale to control the scattering strength.

I'll probably put this in the wiki when I find some time.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Odilkhan Yakubov

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov »

Dade wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:54 pm
Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:41 am 1. So, how can I make SSS effect using Random walk method? Any tut for it?
This is a video recorded with the old Blender exporter and LuxCore but the concepts are the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDqXv6gu3ts
Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:41 am 2. When is it come? Any date?
Not in v2.0, may be in v2.1 but I have some stuff I consider more important (like light cache and denoiser) in my personal TODO list.
1. Thank you.
2. Ohhh, LC and De-Noiser will be awesome. :D
Any WIP tests on both feature?
Odilkhan Yakubov

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:16 pm I added a wiki page: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/Subsurface_Scattering
Nice to see the wiki section would be recharge with useful topics.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:25 pm 2. Ohhh, LC and De-Noiser will be awesome. :D
I have yet to start :mrgreen: It is very important for the project to have an official stable v2.0 release before any further development however v2.0 is nearly done so it will be possible to look to the future soon.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Odilkhan Yakubov

Dade wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:04 pm
Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:25 pm 2. Ohhh, LC and De-Noiser will be awesome. :D
I have yet to start :mrgreen: It is very important for the project to have an official stable v2.0 release before any further development however v2.0 is nearly done so it will be possible to look to the future soon.
Oh :lol: . Sorry, just joke. ;)
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

When this come out Luxcore 2.X it will be a revolution :D . Imagine the improvement. Just an example i'm currently working on many different interior Project for Customers :

current average rendertime ==> 15h on ==> single i7 6700k ==> Bidir engine

Most of the time good LC lead to 3X --8X time speed up in GI dominant scenario but just imagine lower speed up case 3X times speed. This mean that My current render will be rendered in Just 1h35 on a good CPU:

15h + LC + Bidir ==> 5h + Ryzen 1950X ==> 1h35h. AND my old i7 6700k will be 3x time faster like a threadripper :shock:

Can't tell you how hard it's now to sleep when i think about it :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA