LuxCoreRender v2.0alpha7 released

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.
Dade
Developer
Developer

LuxCoreRender v2.0alpha7 released

Post by Dade »

New LuxCoreRender v2.0alpha7 release is available at: https://luxcorerender.org/download

v2.0 release notes are available here: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/LuxCoreR ... Notes_v2.0

The complete list of changes between alpha6 and alpha7 in Luxcore API is available here: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... v2.0alpha7

The complete list of changes between alpha6 and alpha7 in BlendLuxCore is available here: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... v2.0alpha7

This version includes a major workaround to long OpenCL compilation times on NVIDIA GPUs and few fixes.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.0alpha7 released

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

The standalone download also contains the new UI for network rendering.
It is called pyluxcoretool on Linux, pyluxcoretool.exe on Windows.

Quick manual to use network rendering:
  • Export your scene from BlendLuxCore in binary format (see attached image)
  • Open pyluxcoretool on your master computer
  • Click "netconsole"
  • Click "add job" and select the binary luxcore scene (.bcf)
  • On the client computers that should do the rendering work, open pyluxcoretool and choose "netnode"
  • Click "Start node"
If you want the master to participate in rendering, do the steps for a client there, too (open pyluxcoretool a second time).

This version also includes some small quality of life stuff for sun/sky handling.
@Sharlybg please test, this was an old request from you: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendLuxCore/issues/91
Attachments
scrn_2018-03-18_11-32-26.png
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Thanks you Guys going to Test it ! :P
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

I'd like to test the network rendering but, or I don't understand how to export the scene or it's doesn't work.

I've checked the "Only write LuxCore scene", selected "Binary", set a directory.

Now, if a press F12 it gives me this error

Code: Select all

File "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.
79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\export\__init__.py", line 133, in create_session
    if config_props.Get("renderengine.type").GetString().endswith("OCL"):
RuntimeError: Undefined property in Properties::Get(): renderengine.type
ERROR: Undefined property in Properties::Get(): renderengine.type
Should I use a different tools to export the scene?

Thanks in advance.
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

marcatore wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:04 am I'd like to test the network rendering but, or I don't understand how to export the scene or it's doesn't work.

I've checked the "Only write LuxCore scene", selected "Binary", set a directory.

Now, if a press F12 it gives me this error

Code: Select all

File "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.
79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\export\__init__.py", line 133, in create_session
    if config_props.Get("renderengine.type").GetString().endswith("OCL"):
RuntimeError: Undefined property in Properties::Get(): renderengine.type
ERROR: Undefined property in Properties::Get(): renderengine.type
Should I use a different tools to export the scene?

Thanks in advance.
'Only write LuxCore scene' writes fine here, no errors (W7, b2.79a, nvidia's GPUs)

Could you make a new thread dedicated to network rendering & post your description, steps to reproduce, test scene there?

Meanwhile you can use this 'Untitled_LuxCore.zip' export (simple Cube under the Sun&Sky) to test net-render.
Untitled_LuxCore.zip
(2.04 KiB) Downloaded 350 times

& Thank you LuxTeam for the new build.
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

I did another test and found what's my problem.

In the "Output path" I pressed the folder icon. In the fiel browser window I set the filename and not only choose the directory where save the file scene.

Is there a way to hide the filename text field in the filebrowser to avoid someone (like me) to write the filename?
If not, is it possible to add a warning near the "Output path" like the one under the "clamp output"?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

marcatore wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:59 pm Is there a way to hide the filename text field in the filebrowser to avoid someone (like me) to write the filename?
For convenience, I use the default Blender output filepath. So I don't think I can change that.
But I can just ignore any filename at the end of the path (and maybe print a warning in the error log).

By the way, while the error message is completely unhelpful, if you have a look in the error log, it already tells you what's wrong.
So if you get an error, look into the error log, there might be helpful extra info.
Attachments
scrn_2018-03-19_16-30-35.png
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

oops, I didn't notice the error in the luxcore error log.

Anyway, I think that "not a valid ouput path" message is not so precise. At least if I read something like that I suppose that could be everything in the path... is it possible to add a tip in the error message? Something like "the path must end with a name of a directory".

Too much?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I improved the error message when config export fails and the error messages when a path is somehow wrong (it now also tries to give information if it was expecting an existing directory, file etc.).
And I now use a dedicated property set to DIR_PATH subtype, which means that only existing directories can be selected in the file browser (however you can still write garbage in the input field when not in filebrowser - Blender behaviour, but the new error messages should be clear even when you do that).

Thanks for your feedback, the next users stumbling about this will probably have less trouble than you :)