Corona virus

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Corona virus

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Fox

Post by Fox »

:D
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=asAx_1584098059

I guess that delivery runs around 5000€ per 1000km.
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

Well, it's the most precious good at the moment ;)

Some dude in Germany started a fist fight with two cashiers today because they wouldn't let him purchase 50kg of flour, only 20kg :lol:
Fox

Post by Fox »

Local newspaper wrote story how record food delivery order was 150 kg.
When you order food to home, it comes same day, but now waiting list is many days.
One man had shopping cart full of marinated pickle :D , maybe it was for restaurant, God knows.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Thank you for the link. Pueyo's post is very informative, maybe a bit too long for our zeitgeist's average attention span.
Some of the most important points:
.. Cases increase exponentially if there is not any counter measure like social distancing, i.e. keep foreigners 2 m away, keep empty chairs between other people in meetings or at table, avoid touching own mouth, nose or eyes even if they are itching, wash hands frequently, ..
.. Most people just underestimate exponential grow ways off, see f(x) = 2^x or e^x.

EXAMPLE:
..Cases double every 7 days: 1,2,4,8,16 looks harmless first, but then 32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,
2^10=4096 after less 10 weeks one gets more than four thousand cases and 1 week later there are for thousand additional cases, a total of more than eight thousands.
..See, what started with one to few cases per week for the first weeks, means after ten weeks 4'000+ in one week.
..This is rather hard to believe, that cases still double every week :!:

Imagine the following chain reaction, starting with one burning match stick fire, that lights 2 1/2 other match sticks in la tight second. How many match sticks get burning after only 30 seconds? How many match stick boxes with 50 pieces each can be filled :?: :twisted:

.. Real number of infected people could be 5 to 10 or even more times the number of proved positive covid-19 tested people.
.. In countries where there are only a few tests per people real number's best guess can be calculated based on number of deaths, the more there are the preciser the guess should be.
.. Every death means about 29.5 times more infected people. But today's death means infection happened at least 10 to 14 days ago, that means today there are 2 to 3 doublings of 29.5 times, say about 175 times of real cases. :shock: :shock:
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

(UK) We are now on lockdown.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:30 pm (UK) We are now on lockdown.
Welcome in the club, I have seen the sky once in the last 2 weeks :roll:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
creonnoir

Post by creonnoir »

West coast of Canada here:

We have had a pretty orderly shutdown of society. Most stores are closed, restaurants that can deliver food/have take out only are allowed to remain open, along with food stores/pharmacies. Everyone is pretty good at keeping to their immediate families, we've all become hermits! Well, except for the young that see themselves as immune...

The biggest issue on everyone's mind is how do we keep going financially if this carries on? I have 3 family members that lost their jobs, and they don't know how they are going to pay the upcoming rent, let alone buy food/pay bills. Hopefully governments at all levels around the world step up to ensure their citizens are taken care of in a similar vein to what Denmark is doing.

Financially I'm very lucky as I work for the federal government in an emergency services position, so I'll be paid throughout all of this. In fact likely more than I'm used to due to mandatory overtime/having a 1/4 of our workplace currently on self-isolation quarantine, with more expected to be ordered to stay at home in the upcoming weeks as the virus spreads further.

Stay safe out there everyone.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

@creonnoir

I think our 'lockdown' is similar to yours, such as we can go out once a day for exercise and for essentials.