LuxCore and Animation

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
dimitripaiva

LuxCore and Animation

Post by dimitripaiva »

Hello, guys. I'm a new user of LuxCore and I would like to do a couple of questions. I'm a motion designer and animator, so I would like to know about LuxCore and Animation, specially regarding its performance. Is it a good render engine for animations? I did some quick testing and find a lot of noise on each frame, which the denoiser doesn't solve at all. It would be nice to have some advise in order to know how to proper configure the settings for animation works.

Cheers!
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: LuxCore and Animation

Post by Sharlybg »

Try to reduce your clamping value to something like 5. avoid 100 % white or black shader (80% max).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Noah_

Post by Noah_ »

Sharlybg wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:09 am Try to reduce your clamping value to something like 5. avoid 100 % white or black shader (80% max).
Does it work in all render cases?
Full Hybrid Back/Forward path tracing - I don't like clamping - Bidir it's great but very slow - I have 4096 MiB de Vram and I want to cry.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Noah_ wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:09 am
Sharlybg wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:09 am Try to reduce your clamping value to something like 5. avoid 100 % white or black shader (80% max).
Does it work in all render cases?
Clamping value is very dependent on the light sources types. You have mostly 2 cases: indoor Vs. outdoor (area/point/etc. lights Vs. Sun/Sky/HDR/etc.).
Noah_

Post by Noah_ »

Dade wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:31 pm Clamping value is very dependent on the light sources types. You have mostly 2 cases: indoor Vs. outdoor (area/point/etc. lights Vs. Sun/Sky/HDR/etc.).
And with set suggested value is it unfeasible for animation?
Full Hybrid Back/Forward path tracing - I don't like clamping - Bidir it's great but very slow - I have 4096 MiB de Vram and I want to cry.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Noah_ wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:14 pm
Dade wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:31 pm Clamping value is very dependent on the light sources types. You have mostly 2 cases: indoor Vs. outdoor (area/point/etc. lights Vs. Sun/Sky/HDR/etc.).
And with set suggested value is it unfeasible for animation?
I mean, you can not have a clamp value good for all animations but it shouldn't be hard to find one for a specific animation (it will be just a very different value between indoor and outdoor animations).