MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
a1-kh

Re: MaxLuxCore - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCore

Post by a1-kh »

TAO wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:00 pm first, check if the material editor set to LuxMaxCore in the renderer options.
Annotation 2019-11-30 223736.jpg
if it does not work tried to update to the new version and update material previews.
if it doesn't working again let me know.
Thank you.
Thanks TAO .. i tried you suggestions , still got the problem.
I tried to unlock the Material Editor Renderer , change it to several renderers, lock it back to the LuxMark renderer, still the same problem.
I hope it is an easy bug to fix :|
Best regards
Attachments
Note 2 : If you can change the installer name to LuxMaxCore so it would be easier to find in the Program Uninstaller .
Note 2 : If you can change the installer name to LuxMaxCore so it would be easier to find in the Program Uninstaller .
Note 1 : Installer still gives the Program Files(86x) path
Note 1 : Installer still gives the Program Files(86x) path
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Brand new MaxLuxCore is coming soon.
Setup project updated and MaxLuxCore name is correct in remove application list now.
Complete new code for material to prevent 3dsmax from the crash, Completely crash proof even with standards renderer.
Fixed black material thumbnail.
Instead of 20 different projects for every single material, all materials are created in just one code so i can manage them better and also export them in just one dll and not 20 different (dlls) plugins. I will combine maxluxcore and materials and objects into one dll later but for the faster result, they need to be separated yet.
Plugin compile is at least 10 times faster for materials or helper objects and 4 times faster for MaxLuxCore itself so i can test everything much faster and better. (30 sec for all materials and 2 min for maxluxcore)
So many options are added by now and most materials are ready to use.
Also many fixes in renderer itself.
I hope that this build will be a complete one.

a quick look at new materials.
Annotation 2019-12-27 231929.jpg
I need to mention, i faced a few problems too.
for example, material needs to be rendered at least 3 seconds to be visible or they will be entirely black especially in small size 20x20 pixels or sometimes 50x50 pixels.
so i set material editor preview render to 3 but it affects the loading of materials.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

All new materials are finished and some of 2d and 3d textures are ready to use too, and much more so i think plugin in a good place and it can be push to the repository.
B.Y.O.B. i have a question here, Should i just push it directly or push it in my own repository in GitHub and then push clone it to luxcore repository or any other way?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

TAO wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:09 pm B.Y.O.B. i have a question here, Should i just push it directly or push it in my own repository in GitHub and then push clone it to luxcore repository or any other way?
However you like. There's a repo that you can use, here: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/MaxLuxCore
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

I started to push the code, can we just change the name of plugin and repo to something like:
MtoL
M2L
MaxtoL
MaxToLux
i think its more catchy.
After all it's just a suggestion.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

TAO wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:17 am I started to push the code, can we just change the name of plugin and repo to something like:
MtoL
M2L
MaxtoL
MaxToLux
i think its more catchy.
After all it's just a suggestion.
It is now "MaxToLux": https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/MaxToLux (I think MtoL may be a bit too short and may confuse people looking at the list of our repositories on GitHub).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
TAO
Developer
Developer

Re: MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCore

Post by TAO »

Nice Thank you.
a1-kh

Post by a1-kh »

Oh great news TAO :D :D :D , may i ask you of a small tutorial of how to compile the plugin, what tools , any special settings that you may used .
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Hi.
i'm going to add a complete tutorial about how to compile and run MaxToLux from source code.
but first, i need to fix and add a few more projects to Github.
djtartak

Post by djtartak »

keeping an eye on this project.
I used LuxCore with Blender , but I am really looking forward to play around with it in Max too.
LuxCore is already a great engine and with the momentum it got in last years it deserves an even wider audience and support.
As there are so many pro ArchViz artists sticking to Max still I guess this would be a great link to have an engine so well integrated with Blender and available on Max too.