Image pipeline for Luxcoreui

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Racleborg

Image pipeline for Luxcoreui

Post by Racleborg »

What Is the correct way to set up the image pipeline in Blender so that it matches Luxcoreui?

Thank you
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Re: Image pipeline for Luxcoreui

Post by marcatore »

Seems quite impossible...or at least not an easy task.
It's a pity cause also the network rendering is different from what you render with Blender.

I can't use network rendering due to this...it's a pity.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

by marcatore » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:12 am
Seems quite impossible...or at least not an easy task.
It's a pity cause also the network rendering is different from what you render with Blender.

I can't use network rendering due to this...it's a pity.
Ok. I understand.

It will be terrific once baking Lux textures is available inside Blender. ( I have an animation going on at the moment that could take weeks to render ;) )

Thank you for your response.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

marcatore wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:12 am Seems quite impossible...or at least not an easy task.
I'm missing something or you have the same result if you use just the default settings ?

I mean, if you open Blender and you render the cube-over-the-plane or if you export the scene and you render the cube-over-the-plane in luxcoreui, you get the same result, no ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Earlier, I set the colour management to 'STANDARD' in Blender 2.81 and it now looks the same to me as in luxcore.

However, the nice thing about Filmic is its dynamic range prevents a lot of blow-out with bright lights. (or maybe, I'm not using the 'STANDARD' correctly).
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

Dade wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:51 am I'm missing something or you have the same result if you use just the default settings ?

I mean, if you open Blender and you render the cube-over-the-plane or if you export the scene and you render the cube-over-the-plane in luxcoreui, you get the same result, no ?
If I'm not in trouble...I think that this is the same of this thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1443

Or not?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

marcatore wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:21 am If I'm not in trouble...I think that this is the same of this thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1443

Or not?
Yes but you had a modified Blender image pipeline there. What I'm saying is: if you use the default post-processing settings you should get the same output out of Blender, LuxCoreUI, Network rendering, etc. or not ?
alpistinho
Developer
Developer

Post by alpistinho »

As long as you don't use filmic, everything should match.

Can't you create an extra image pipeline to export the result in HDR (exr file format) and then post process it in Blender using filmic?