Tiled rendering

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
PetrT

Tiled rendering

Post by PetrT »

Hi
Why in Luxcore tiled rendering is slow compare with Cycles
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Tiled rendering

Post by Sharlybg »

First in luxcore tile doesn't give you huge boost unless you re rendering crazy resolution 8k or 16 for example.

Second : you are comparing two diferent render engine without showing any kind of material for analyses. So it is impossible for us to help you point out why you are experiencing some performance issue that can be related to bad settings or unfair setting between both engine.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

PetrT wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:07 pm Why in Luxcore tiled rendering is slow compare with Cycles
Tile rendering has a large CPU <=> GPU communication overhead. You have to increase AA (i.e. samples per pixel) in order to reduce the overhead. In second instance, you can also increase the tile size (again to reduce the number of communications).

I assume you have a NVIDIA GPU: CUDA is quite faster than OpenCL in this kind of stuff for NVIDIA GPUs.

And last point: you should use tile rendering with LuxCore only if you are running out of (GPU) memory, otherwise no tile rendering is always better.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
PetrT

Post by PetrT »

Sharlybg wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:27 pm First in luxcore tile doesn't give you huge boost unless you re rendering crazy resolution 8k or 16 for example.

Second : you are comparing two diferent render engine without showing any kind of material for analyses. So it is impossible for us to help you point out why you are experiencing some performance issue that can be related to bad settings or unfair setting between both engine.
have no issues because don`t use tiled rendering (for Luxcore)
Dade wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:14 pm Tile rendering has a large CPU <=> GPU communication overhead. You have to increase AA (i.e. samples per pixel) in order to reduce the overhead. In second instance, you can also increase the tile size (again to reduce the number of communications).

I assume you have a NVIDIA GPU: CUDA is quite faster than OpenCL in this kind of stuff for NVIDIA GPUs.

And last point: you should use tile rendering with LuxCore only if you are running out of (GPU) memory, otherwise no tile rendering is always better.
Thank you very much.It makes clear this param set