Luxcore denoiser VS denoise node in blender 2.81

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
Rivental1

Luxcore denoiser VS denoise node in blender 2.81

Post by Rivental1 »

I have tested denoise node in blender 2.81 with luxcore, end get more clenear result than with native denoiser.
Without denoiser
Without denoiser
Luxcore denoiser
Luxcore denoiser
Denoise node in blender 2.81
Denoise node in blender 2.81
As you see, cube with only diffuse mate, is clean in both examples. But volumetric sphere is more cleaner with denoise node... Maybe i do something wrone with luxcore denoiser, but i see only one checbox on menu and that all). In denoise node i did not use albedo or normal pass. It thinked both denoisers it is intel denoiser, so they have to give same results. Or not? Picture after 30 samples.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Luxcore denoiser VS denoise node in blender 2.81

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

In BlendLuxCore we currently always use Albedo and Avg. Shading Normal AOVs as additional denoiser inputs.
This is most likely the explanation for your results: glass can cause noise in the Albedo AOV, which causes those areas to be insufficiently denoised. When the Albedo AOV is not used, the overall result can be a bit worse, but you circumvent the glass problem.

I can make albedo/normal AOVs optional in BlendLuxCore, however a better solution would be to somehow get a clean Albedo AOV for glass materials.
Rivental1

Post by Rivental1 »

Thank you for the fast reply!!!
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:51 pm ...a better solution would be to somehow get a clean Albedo AOV for glass materials.
^^ this :!: