Relaxing corner

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
Peperepe77

Relaxing corner

Post by Peperepe77 »

I guys, a little scene I made on my spare time, not complicated but relaxing :D . render time is 6 mins only cpu device.
Attachments
relax room.jpg
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Relaxing corner

Post by Sharlybg »

Nice and pretty fast.

What CPU ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Peperepe77

Post by Peperepe77 »

I simply press f12 with no gpu actived , a little mistake :P
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Nice start, some critique if I may:
- the light and color scheme is indeed relaxing, but the patterns on the wall are very busy and restless IMO, spiralling all over the place
- also the wall patterns are too low resolution
- the lighting is maybe a bit too flat, there is little contrast between lit areas and shadows. Maybe try to remove some lights or make some lights dimmer (especially the fill lights from behind the camera)

I think with a little more work it could be improved a lot :)
Peperepe77

Post by Peperepe77 »

Thank's BYOB for your suggestion.
I lit the scene by hdri (sunset faraway from hdrihaven), floor lamp has 2 simply icosphere emitter, DLS enabled and orange color. I tried more setup for lamp floor such as point light with or without IES file, it's hard to balance hdri and other lights.
viewport.jpg
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Peperepe77 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:54 am Thank's BYOB for your suggestion.
... it's hard to balance hdri and other lights.
viewport.jpg
Why? Do you not use live view render (shift+z)? After a few seconds you should be able to guess influence of light setting.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Peperepe77

Post by Peperepe77 »

Yes I know, but It's hard to find correct gain, lamps are 0,05, hdri is 1 in this scene; also I tried to change more darkness hdri color. My personal opinion, cycles is more immediatly to find light setup with different lamps.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Peperepe77 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:42 am Yes I know, but It's hard to find correct gain, lamps are 0,05, hdri is 1 in this scene; also I tried to change more darkness hdri color. My personal opinion, cycles is more immediatly to find light setup with different lamps.
You should not look at the numbers, e.g. sun ~10^4 times brighter than a lamp with default values. I guess HDRI is in the region of the sun. This is because a clear sky has 10^6 lux and average room has 300 lux with usual lightening.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1