Interior & exterior gghouse

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Re: Interior & exterior gghouse

Post by CodeHD »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:32 pm For correct rendering of the caustics, you will have to use Bidir + Metropolis.
In this case, I believe you need PGI cache, as the caustics viewed from outside the water will be SDS paths. BiDir would help if the camera is inside the water.
Fox

Post by Fox »

Peperepe77 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:40 pm Hi guys, this is an update for exterior scene. I need help to create a good water material for the pool; now is a simple plane with glass material IOR 1,333.I should to add interior or exterior volume? There is a lux tutorial? Here references https://www.archdaily.com/907558/gg-house-sommet

exterior.jpg
CoolColJ shared nice water material, it's still up in Indigo material database.
If my conversion is right from absorption to transmission (if transmission is color at depth).

Absorption:
Depth 1m
R 0.966298
G 0.985604
B 0.981817

Scattering:
R 0.985789
G 0.986962
B 0.98815
Scale 0.010038

From the data in refractiveindex.info webpage i calculate the
ior 1.3262
Dispersion 0.002152

Do not use multiscattering, it's too slow
Peperepe77

Post by Peperepe77 »

I continue my luxcore learning and also i test my new hardware, this is 3 mins 10 sec :o render:
untitled22.jpg
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

I wonder where is the weird green/yellowish colorcast from sunlight coming.

I find luxcore sun incredible difficult to control especially without proper white balance controls in camera. The moment it goes closer to sunset/sunrise, the whole sun&sky system becomes pain. We need the ability to directly control sun color and in camera WB controls too.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:30 am I wonder where is the weird green/yellowish colorcast from sunlight coming.

I find luxcore sun incredible difficult to control especially without proper white balance controls in camera. The moment it goes closer to sunset/sunrise, the whole sun&sky system becomes pain. We need the ability to directly control sun color and in camera WB controls too.
Just use gain color :idea:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Sharlybg wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:33 am
lacilaci wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:30 am I wonder where is the weird green/yellowish colorcast from sunlight coming.

Just use gain color :idea:
even desaturated sun color and even disconnected from sky model it will still turn weird yelowish cast when nearing sunset/rise angles. The only way around it is using direct light.
alpistinho
Developer
Developer

Post by alpistinho »

I've wrote a very very naive white balance plugin a while ago. I will clean it up, rebase and make a pull request so you can test it to see if that helps.
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

White balance in Photographer (addon) works nice with Lux.
Peperepe77

Post by Peperepe77 »

Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Peperepe77 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:15 pm My scene is lit with Hdri https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?c=sunrise-s ... it_sunrise
I end up with this with the same HDRI : (Only gain color correction)
HD TST.jpg

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA