Strange behavior during the rendering on the video card.

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
S0rda

Strange behavior during the rendering on the video card.

Post by S0rda »

Strange behavior during the rendering on the video card. I often notice that during the rendering I can hardly switch between applications and watch videos on YouTube, for example. Or, I can easily watch videos on YouTube and also switch between applications without any problems (I need to try running the crisis again, if only I had played it). In this case, the fundamental difference in the speed of rendering, I did not notice. That is, the video card is loaded at 99%, but nothing slows down, or again 99% and everything slows down.

In this case, I do not have a built-in video card in the processor, and both monitors are connected to the output of a single video card on the computer.

This behavior, I notice that when rendering on the luxrender, which is in cycles.
Attachments
Снимок.PNG
RicoS

Re: Strange behavior during the rendering on the video card.

Post by RicoS »

S0rda wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:57 pm Strange behavior during the rendering on the video card. I often notice that during the rendering I can hardly switch between applications and watch videos on YouTube, for example. Or, I can easily watch videos on YouTube and also switch between applications without any problems (I need to try running the crisis again, if only I had played it). In this case, the fundamental gimp freejobalert notepad++ difference in the speed of rendering, I did not notice. That is, the video card is loaded at 99%, but nothing slows down, or again 99% and everything slows down.

In this case, I do not have a built-in video card in the processor, and both monitors are connected to the output of a single video card on the computer.

This behavior, I notice that when rendering on the luxrender, which is in cycles.
I am also facing this weird issue, does anyone have any ideas.

Help is appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Rico
Last edited by RicoS on Thu May 30, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Strange behavior during the rendering on the video card.

Post by Dade »

Windows has a quite bad threads schedular, as first step I would try to disable hybrid rendering (i.e. CPU+GPU) and to use only the GPU/OpenCL (this will leave the CPU free for other tasks and its contribution to rendering is often small anyway).

The different behavior across different renderings may be related to the complexity of the scene, simpler scenes will have faster OpenCL kernel execution time, allowing a faster execution of other application kernels too (i.e. reducing the latency to execute other app kernels).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties