BlendLuxCore Development

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
alpistinho
Developer
Developer

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by alpistinho »

nigec wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:48 am
alpistinho wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:43 am I am starting to work on it, but it won't be ready for 2.2
Are you working on a better ui alpistinho?
No, on the image pipeline so we don't depend completely on the host program. A new UI could use those to do its own processing
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:18 pm BlendLuxCore now has a first, rather crude, support for persistent PhotonGI cache file.
Thanks for making this available!

Trying to use it I get this error:

Code: Select all

[LuxCore][149.078] Saving persistent PhotonGI cache: C:\Users\me\3D Objects\LuxCore\room+ball.pgi
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\engine\__init__.py", line 85, in render_final
    final.render(self, scene)
  File "C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\engine\final.py", line 40, in render
    _render_layer(engine, scene, render_slot_stats)
  File "C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\engine\final.py", line 63, in _render_layer
    engine.session.Start()
RuntimeError: boost::filesystem::rename: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:\Users\me\3D Objects\LuxCore/2b20ecc1-f431-4958-9ca0-da1258783c0a.pgi", "C:\Users\me\3D Objects\LuxCore\room+ball.pgi"
ERROR: boost::filesystem::rename: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:\Users\me\3D Objects\LuxCore/2b20ecc1-f431-4958-9ca0-da1258783c0a.pgi", "C:\Users\me\3D Objects\LuxCore\room+ball.pgi"
Error: boost::filesystem::rename: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:\Users\me\3D Objects\LuxCore/2b20ecc1-f431-4958-9ca0-da1258783c0a.pgi", "C:\Users\me\3D Objects\LuxCore\room+ball.pgi"
This happens with all files I tried, also when changing the name or path.
Windows 10 Pro 1809
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Sounds weird, in the addon I don't even touch this file, I just pass the path around.
Unfortunately I don't have access to a Windows where I could test this at the moment.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

epilectrolytics wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:56 pm This happens with all files I tried, also when changing the name or path.
Does it happen if you export the scene and use LuxCoreUI ?
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Yes, just tested, same error:

[LuxCore][16.234] Saving persistent PhotonGI cache: room+ball.pgi
RenderSession starting error:
boost::filesystem::rename: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "252df703-7125-4bfa-9bb3-c80c38efa1ac.pgi", "room+ball.pgi"
room+ball_LuxCore.zip
(426.35 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:21 am BYOB please do you if we have the possibility to add a node like pointness but this time to create such kind of effect :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G9Mbl-1_nU
Sorry I didn't answer to this request sooner.
If I'm not mistaken, stuff like this (edge/angle-detecting textures, bevel shader etc.) needs the deeper shader system rework first which is planned for v2.3.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

epilectrolytics wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:44 pm Yes, just tested, same error:

[LuxCore][16.234] Saving persistent PhotonGI cache: room+ball.pgi
RenderSession starting error:
boost::filesystem::rename: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "252df703-7125-4bfa-9bb3-c80c38efa1ac.pgi", "room+ball.pgi"
room+ball_LuxCore.zip
The scene is working fine here. Have you tried to do a fresh PC reboot and just run LuxCoreUI ? Without Blender.

Are you rendering the same scene with multiple applications at the same time ? Like Blender preview and rendering or LuxCoreUI ?

It is like if the file is used by another application while LuxCore try to overwrite the file. The first strange thing is why the file is being overwritten :?:
B.Y.O.B., it is like if you try to delete the file but it is left there, opened by Blender.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Hm, I'm checking if the file exists in some places, this might be the problem?
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... ngi.py#L79
acasta69
Developer
Developer

Post by acasta69 »

I tried last night here and it showed the same error.
I was running LuxCoreUI only.

Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v445.87
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Dade wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:00 am The scene is working fine here. Have you tried to do a fresh PC reboot and just run LuxCoreUI ? Without Blender.

Are you rendering the same scene with multiple applications at the same time ? Like Blender preview and rendering or LuxCoreUI ?
Normally when running LuxCoreUI I have the file explorer open and the .cfg file in notepad so I can make adjustments but I just tested again after reboot with nothing running except LuxCoreUI and still the error pops up.