LuxCoreRender v2.0alpha2 released

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.0alpha2 released

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

marcatore wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:41 am Exactly, and when a scene become complex, a full scene viewport rendering will be really slow.
You know about local view? http://blender-manual-i18n.readthedocs. ... _view.html
It is supported by BlendLuxCore. So you can anytime hit numpad + / with one (or more) objects selected and have a custom material preview.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

SATtva wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:56 am They are not interchangeable things. Material preview is a lot more responsive to updates, clears up faster and provides a generalized view of a material without the influence of scene details (e.g. coloured lighting, colour bleed from other objects, and so on).
What Dev want to tell you is that they are only 2 and there are a looooot of work they certainly know how usefull mat preview can be but we have to wait a bit ;) .So before mat preview happen there some simple workaround everyone can do to help test.

--My personal way is to use a special layer with custom lighting with a sphere to preview my shaders
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
SATtva
Supporting Users

Post by SATtva »

Sharlybg wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:40 am What Dev want to tell you is that they are only 2 and there are a looooot of work they certainly know how usefull mat preview can be but we have to wait a bit ;) .So before mat preview happen there some simple workaround everyone can do to help test.
Don't patronize me please, I'm perfectly able to read. Dade has asked a very specific question: is the viewport rendering better than material preview. I was addressing this question only: it's neither better or worse, they serve different purposes. Whether there are workarounds for the current stage while material preview is not implemented (of course there are) is beside the point.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

My stance on it is: Material preview does not have a high priority for me.
If someone else needs it urgently or sees the matter different, he can go ahead and implement it and I'll answer questions if there are any.
If noone else does it, I'll probably get around to it in a few weeks.
I see your points and I admit that the local view workaround can be impractical in some scenes.

However I have to say that it was a pain to implement the material preview in the past, so that's that.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

SATtva wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:42 am
Sharlybg wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:40 am What Dev want to tell you is that they are only 2 and there are a looooot of work they certainly know how usefull mat preview can be but we have to wait a bit ;) .So before mat preview happen there some simple workaround everyone can do to help test.
Don't patronize me please, I'm perfectly able to read. Dade has asked a very specific question: is the viewport rendering better than material preview. I was addressing this question only: it's neither better or worse, they serve different purposes. Whether there are workarounds for the current stage while material preview is not implemented (of course there are) is beside the point.
isn't view port rendering better than material preview ?
Really sorry SATVA don't want to hurt. sorry guy didn't correctly read/understand nuance there. sorry guy sorry .

SATtva
Supporting Users

Post by SATtva »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:53 am My stance on it is: Material preview does not have a high priority for me.
If someone else needs it urgently or sees the matter different, he can go ahead and implement it and I'll answer questions if there are any.
I see your points and I admit that the local view workaround can be impractical in some scenes.

However I have to say that it was a pain to implement the material preview in the past, so that's that.
It's perfectly fine by me, take your time. :) In the time I was using a dedicated test scene for complex material tests like Sharlybg is suggesting above. Material preview has its limits too (primarily due to the preview image size), it's mostly useful for simple setups and to quickly configure colour, roughness and other basic properties.
Sharlybg wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:54 am Really sorry SATVA don't want to hurt. sorry guy didn't correctly read/understand nuance there. sorry guy sorry .
No problem, I'm sorry too, my response got a bit too harsh.
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:53 am My stance on it is: Material preview does not have a high priority for me.

As Satva said, my reply was about Dade's question. My intention wasn't to push you to introduce it now.
I know you're full of features to develop and I know that something could be lost during the development.

If you'll find time to implement it...really good. If not, good in any case.... I know you're developing others important features and we'll benefit in any case of your efforts.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

No problem, I'm sorry too, my response got a bit too harsh.
thanks you ;)

kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Just a Note (for now):

Undo is still problematic on the Blender side.
Working a bit longer (so that history is there) or a bit more complex scene (ind. products, vehicles, arch...) with interactive preview on, undo is crashing constantly.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

kintuX wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:28 pm Just a Note (for now):

Undo is still problematic on the Blender side.
Working a bit longer (so that history is there) or a bit more complex scene (ind. products, vehicles, arch...) with interactive preview on, undo is crashing constantly.
Is this alpha2 or alpha3 too ?