LuxCoreRender v2.1alpha3 released

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.
Racleborg

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.1alpha3 released

Post by Racleborg »

I would like to make another panel with more in-depth information about the export process, so you can easily spot the objects/particles that slow down the export the most.
Sounds really exciting! :D
wasd

Post by wasd »

I can no longer change number of CPU threads while rendering.
CPU Bidir + Metropolis | Core i5-4570
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

wasd wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:11 am I can no longer change number of CPU threads while rendering.
it was never possible :?:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
wasd

Post by wasd »

Dade wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:10 pm
wasd wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:11 am I can no longer change number of CPU threads while rendering.
it was never possible :?:
That's strange :? I'm pretty sure it was. Well, it would be nice if it would be possible.
CPU Bidir + Metropolis | Core i5-4570
SATtva
Supporting Users

Post by SATtva »

It was supported in the classic Lux only.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:43 am
Thanks for testing. Can you create github issues for each of the points you mentioned?
Still reports repeating internal phyton error in console using view port.
Please also include the exact error message for this one, and a scene.
As mentioned I' ve noticed the repeating reporting python internal error using alpha 2 and 3. Unfortunately, I was not able to find a reliable reproduction. The exact error message does not help a lot becuase it reports something like python internal error and this error should not happen.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:13 am
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:01 am
FarbigeWelt wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:52 am And making leafs ‚real‘ leads to lots of objects or ist here a way to combine the leafs directly into one mesh object?
Ctrl+J (join).
Okay, I have to try this before making leafs ‚real‘.

Because joinig several hundreds of selected objects takes time and makes not much sense.
Meanwhile I tried joining leaves from curve sapling tree directly. This is not possible. You have to make duplicates real first and ensure there are only leaves selected you want to join (exlude leaf object in tree object).

Unfortunately, I've joined leaves and tree (tree is a curve, has to be converted to mesh before joining) to get one mesh object. In material node for image texture one gets a note like lucxore does support one UV only. This means joining mesh objects with different 2D UV materials is currently very limited.

Gladly enough, particle systems supports groups, important here is to check whole group, otherwise each grouped object gets its own position, rotation, whatever.

Luxcore addon reports 1.3 GTris, Blender reports 0.9 MB and task manager reports 2.7 GB for blender for HD resolution GPU path tile animation rendering, exports png 8 bit. There are 250 trees, each with 1'000 leaves, each leaf with about 80 vertexes. Leaf matrial: glossy with an image texture 250x500.
Exported, compressed blender file size is 100 MB, not compressed 500 MB.
Preparing and compiling for 2 GPU takes around 33 s. In my opinion luxcore's memory usage for this scence is a good value. :)

Before I modelled a flat mesh with the leaf's visual shape, I tried to use the a straight forward approach mapping leaf's image, contains transparency, to a simple rectangle. But I failed to setup leaf's material to interprete transparency as opacity.

Does anybody know how to use transparency for image texture materials with luxcore blender addon? :?:
(I know one can chose image's alpha chanel but I don't mean that one.)
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:40 pm Does anybody know how to use transparency for image texture materials with luxcore blender addon?
Attachments
2018-08-12_17-04-20.png
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:06 pm
FarbigeWelt wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:40 pm Does anybody know how to use transparency for image texture materials with luxcore blender addon?
Great! Thank you much B.Y.O.B.!

Sometimes one doesn't see the wood for the trees:
Foresting
Foresting
and animated:
https://youtu.be/gnmHiFLj9wA
MacBook Air with M1
fluxfish

Post by fluxfish »

I'm really excited about the further steps and development of LuxCore 2.0+, so big thanks and greetings fly out to the dev-Team *thumb up*

I tried my very best to install any of the 2.1alpha-releases, so also
BlendLuxCore-v2.1alpha3-win64.zip
BlendLuxCore-v2.1alpha3-win64-opencl.zip
but still couldn't manage it :? :?:
BlendLuxCore-v2.0-win64-opencl.zip however works :P

The given error-message is the following one
Error.png
Any ideas?

Blender 2.79b official release
System: Win7 64bit, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, CPU AMD Phenom II, 24GB Ram