LuxCoreRender v2.1alpha0 released

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.1alpha0 released

Post by Dade »

kintuX wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:36 am Hopefully this scene cuts it:

burnzBug.zip

- Extract & Load - "burnzBug.bcf" (first renders cropped)
- use - Tool > Image view & wait for a moment - "... 100%, rendering done."
- set Film > Set resolution: Width (840) x Height (720), Apply
- Wait again for 'Samples per pixel 100%, rendering done.'
- use Film > Save outputs
- Check image 'RGB_IMAGEPIPELINE_2.png' in scene/root directory.

Is it like this?
RGB_IMAGEPIPELINE_2.png
I can reproduce the problem. It is in the image size. It is a bug in BCD library. As explained here (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=335&start=10#p3920), the image is downscaled several times according the parameter scale. Each time the width and the height must be divisible by 2.

So if you use a scale of 2, the image must be divisible one time. If you use a scale of 3, it must be divisible 2 times, etc. The workaround is to have an image width and image height that are a multiple of 2^(scale - 1).

To recap the workaround: just use the default scale value and and an image width/height that is a multiple of 4 (for instance 256x128 is ok, 251x128 is not, 250x128 is not).

Indeed, I'm going to fix this problem.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Dade wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:44 am Indeed, I'm going to fix this problem.
I should have fixed the problem.
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Dade wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:44 am
kintuX wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:36 am Hopefully this scene cuts it:

burnzBug.zip

- Extract & Load - "burnzBug.bcf" (first renders cropped)
- use - Tool > Image view & wait for a moment - "... 100%, rendering done."
- set Film > Set resolution: Width (840) x Height (720), Apply
- Wait again for 'Samples per pixel 100%, rendering done.'
- use Film > Save outputs
- Check image 'RGB_IMAGEPIPELINE_2.png' in scene/root directory.

Is it like this?
RGB_IMAGEPIPELINE_2.png
I can reproduce the problem. It is in the image size. It is a bug in BCD library. As explained here (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=335&start=10#p3920), the image is downscaled several times according the parameter scale. Each time the width and the height must be divisible by 2.

So if you use a scale of 2, the image must be divisible one time. If you use a scale of 3, it must be divisible 2 times, etc. The workaround is to have an image width and image height that are a multiple of 2^(scale - 1).

To recap the workaround: just use the default scale value and and an image width/height that is a multiple of 4 (for instance 256x128 is ok, 251x128 is not, 250x128 is not).

Indeed, I'm going to fix this problem.
HOw did i miss that? Thank you for pointing it out again ;)
Dade wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:06 am
Dade wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:44 am Indeed, I'm going to fix this problem.
I should have fixed the problem.
So we can safely use arbitrary values now (in later builds)?

Thank you very much. It really is a pleasure seeing time wasn't wasted & another lesson learned.
Am gradually seeing more and more advantages (less problems) in using this sets of numbers :) Pixar's RMan is even more rigid, strict about this.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

kintuX wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:07 pm So we can safely use arbitrary values now (in later builds)?
Yes, it will work with any width/height. I'm also going to place a cap on scale parameter so people will avoid to scale the image down to a sub-pixel level :mrgreen:
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Dade wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:46 pm
kintuX wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:07 pm So we can safely use arbitrary values now (in later builds)?
Yes, it will work with any width/height. I'm also going to place a cap on scale parameter so people will avoid to scale the image down to a sub-pixel level :mrgreen:
Yes, that would be good, a must for begginer's mistakes.

BTW
I started testing denoiser on an animation & it doesn't always work. It simply skips frames occasionally.

eg (resolution: 1536x1152; 4:3 ratio; Halt: 64 spp - should it be set higher :? or what could it be)
animation denoise Test.gif
Is it possible to export animation to render on standalone?

EDIT_1
Smaller resolution (1024x768) and using two GPUs did fine.
eg.
animation denoise Test 2 smaller.gif

Could it be Denoiser's Scales setting? < Testing next.

EDIT_2

Well, well... seems the culprit is setting in Blender:
- Properties > Render > Dimension: if Resolution is set above 100%, Denoiser sometimes fails to start. NO, NO, NO, it's not!!!

:D Running the whole set now.

EDIT_3
:roll:
Nah, it's buggy, don't know where or how, in console i only caught a glimpse of line mentioning that no new samples were found & skips denoising :lol: ... well that's that... off
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

kintuX wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:50 pm EDIT_3
:roll:
Nah, it's buggy, don't know where or how, in console i only caught a glimpse of line mentioning that no new samples were found & skips denoising :lol: ... well that's that... off
It sounds like BlendLuxCore message, @B.Y.O.B, do you ever print a message like that ?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:47 am It sounds like BlendLuxCore message, @B.Y.O.B, do you ever print a message like that ?
Yes: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... al.py#L151
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:48 pm
Dade wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:47 am It sounds like BlendLuxCore message, @B.Y.O.B, do you ever print a message like that ?
Yes: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... al.py#L151
Can it happen (by error) while rendering an animation ?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:02 pm Can it happen (by error) while rendering an animation ?
Not really, but I'm not 100% sure.
However this message (along with some others) is printed a lot currently, so saying "I caught a glimpse about it" doesn't tell me much.
kintuX, can you send me the scene so I can try to reproduce the problem? (And maybe open a github issue about it)
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

It's random... when i already think i have it, it's lost in next attempt. And when i think it's gone, it comes back.
Most often it happened when RernderLayer was on DENOISED. Occasionally, it just skipped a beat. Few times i could even stop rendering with Esc. and Denoising didn't start. Can't reproduce it 100%. So i'll just let it be for now. Happened also on a Rough Glass (topic) scene shared here.
&
Here's a shot from console... lines are passing by pretty fast and on win7 i can't widen the console window :lol:
marked yellow, where it skipped ... yup, nothing else but getting on my nerves. :evil:
console_catch.jpg