LuxCoreRender v2.3rc1 released

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.
Dade
Developer
Developer

LuxCoreRender v2.3rc1 released

Post by Dade »

Downloads:

Standalone: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... er_v2.3rc1
Blender Addon: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... re_v2.3rc1

Changelog:

https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/LuxCoreR ... Notes_v2.3

LuxCore

New Features since Beta2
  • OUTPUT_SWITCHER image pipeline plugin now supports MATERIAL_ID_COLOR, ALBEDO, AVG_SHADING_NORMAL and USER_IMPORTANCE too
Fixed Bugs since Beta2
  • Fixed a bug in pyluxcoretools ui code causing a runtime error with PySide2 5.14.x
  • Volume .photongi.enable property is now parsed/exported and supported
  • Fixed a problem in RTPATHOCL preview phase (issue #305)
Blender Addon

New Features since Beta2
  • use Cycles DOF properties
  • sun and sky now use a separate gain property with default 0.00002 to prevent overexposion with default tonemapper settings
  • add operator that converts old scenes to v2.3
  • PhotonGI on volumes is now disabled by default. Warnings are shown if a volume with enabled PhotonGI is used as world volume
  • More physically based light units
Fixed Bugs since Beta2
  • support more than 8 render slots (fixes #377)
  • remove cloned Cycles camera panels without modifications
  • show Cycles node panel for lights, if Cycles settings are used
  • fix some UI issues in light/world properties
  • fix (harmless) console errors when toggling the use_cycles_nodes option without an open node editor
  • fix bug in hair export causing motion blur to fail if hair failed to export
  • prevent absorption depth from ever being zero to avoid division by zero
  • show the new fluid/smoke system panels (in Blender 2.82)
Changes that break backwards-compatibility
Old scenes created with v2.2 will need to be updated in the areas listed below to make them look the same in v2.3.
There is an automatic converter available in the new "LuxCore Tools" panel in the render properties which can solve most of the points below with one click.
  • The ImagePipeline tonemapper default settings were changed: auto brightness is now disabled by default (was enabled), gain is now 1.0 by default (was 0.5)
  • Lights now have two modes for choosing the brightness: "artistic" and "power". Default is now "artistic". This means that the light settings of old scenes have to be changed manually to make them look identical to v2.2.
  • It is now no longer possible to tint the sun and the sky color.
  • Sun lights in "distant" mode are now normalized by default. To make old scenes appear the same, disable the "Normalize" option in the light settings
  • Camera clipping is now enabled by default. When loading old scenes, you'll have to disable it to get the same behaviour (although the difference is probably not visible in most scenes)
  • The blackbody texture is now normalized by default. For scenes created in older versions, disable the normalize option to get the same result
  • Sun and sky now have a separate gain property with default 0.00002 to prevent overexposion with default tonemapper settings. In old scenes, you will have to copy-paste the old gain value, e.g. by switching to another light type and back to sun or sky.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.3rc1 released

Post by marcatore »

Good!!! ... but I can't see the BlendLuxCore builds
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

marcatore wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:03 pm Good!!! ... but I can't see the BlendLuxCore builds
It should be up now.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

Yes. Now they're there!!
Taka
Donor
Donor

Post by Taka »

Are the sun and sky working properly for you guys? I don't get any light from the sun.
Harvester
Donor
Donor

Post by Harvester »

It happened to me initially, but then I remembered that I saved the startup file where I previously set the camera's Tonemapper Gain to 0.00002 (to keep Sun and Sky gain at 1). Simply change it back to 1 and everything should be fine.
Taka
Donor
Donor

Post by Taka »

I just reinstalled LuxCore and it's working properly now. Thanks,