Standalone and SDK: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... ender_v2.2
Blender v2.79b and v2.80 Addon: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... xcore_v2.2
Available at https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/LuxCoreR ... Notes_v2.2
LuxCore major new features
- PhotonGI indirect light cache
- Integrated Intel Open Image Denoiser v1.0
- New improved Random/Sobol sampler adaptive code
- Front and back material transparency (aka light invisible object)
- Added new textures: Power, Less Than, Greater Than, Dot Product, Position, Shading Normal, etc.
- Shadow catcher is now easier to use with multiple light sources of any type
- Added the support for new Disney BRDF material from Siggraph 2012 paper
- Added Hybrid Back/Forward path tracing support
- New Env. Visibility Map cache
- Reworked Direct Light Sampling Cache
- Added support for all new LuxCore features described above
- Ported the addon to Blender 2.8x
- Started the Cycles scene reader project, basic Cycles node setups can now be read by BlendLuxCore (2.8x only)
- Lots of small quality of life improvements: better tooltips, improved warnings/errors right in the UI, better defaults etc.
- OIDN denoises the viewport once it pauses
- Make volume socket export of material output more generic. This means users can now directly plug volumes into the interior/exterior volume sockets, without the need for a pointer node.
- Made the error log more helpful (e.g. added a button that selects the problematic object for many warning types)
- Implemented a workaround to have "delete and reconnect" functionality in the node editor
- Most imagepipeline plugins are now automatically disabled in viewport when viewport denoising is enabled, to avoid artifacts
- Intel integrated graphics OpenCL devices are now disabled by default because using them can lead to crashes